The Coolest Gift Ever!...and sabotaged photo shoot!

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:er:
Well, someone I know gave me this thing. I have no idea what it is besides that she made it out of a work calendar. I was super excited to get it and was completely amazed by it, so I figured I should show it on here as well. I didnt really know where to post it, so, when in doubt, post on the beginners' forum. It is very sturdy. Almost feels like the only thing that could take it apart would be a flame. Very cool.

BE SURE TO READ THE CAPTIONS. :)

DSC_0816.jpg

DSC_0837.jpg

3. Top
DSC_0838.jpg

4. Bottom
DSC_0839.jpg

5. Inside
DSC_0840.jpg

Now to the sabotaging. Well, we have two 4 week old kittens. One just couldnt contain herself. She just absolutely had to have it. At any means necessary; and was determined to get it. One way or another. Ill let the pictures explain.
1. Just checking out the flash, not too big of a deal.
DSC_0832.jpg

2. Walking away from the boring flash, she sees it.
DSC_0819.jpg

3. "I will sneak up and pounce!"
DSC_0835.jpg

4. ...she got a tad too close to the edge of the table in attack mode.
DSC_0821.jpg

And this is how she finished off the experience. Flash gun in her face, being shooed off the table, falling off the table followed by the entire sheet, falling off again and clinging for dear life, and still not getting her bounty.

DSC_0836.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
Mark

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
I promise. The photos are tack sharp on my camera. I dont know what happened when I put them on here. :meh:

Mark

lol funny series, cute kitten!
Cool paper tea pot too.

Nice series. That paper thing-a-majigger is pretty neat.

Another great set of photos mark! :biggrin:
You might want to get her de-clawed as soon as you can before she claws your face! :shock:

Thanks Oldschool! :mrgreen:

I will most likely not get her declawed, though. If she gets out, what is she going to use for protection? I cant exactly equip her with throwing stars and light sabers ;).

Mark

Photos 3 and 4 of the kitten series are sooo cute.
As is "the thing", well done, cleverly done. I also like how you photographed it to let us see. We're not to decide on WHAT it is, are we? For I couldn't. Has someone said "teapot"??? Is it meant to be THAT? Really?

(And I would NEVER ever even THINK about getting a cat declawed! You DO that in the States?)

Mark that is a very good point, just be careful about coyotes if there is any in your neighbor hood,

Haha, I live in Baltimore. The only Coyotes we have here are dressed as high school kids. :)

Thanks Corinna. It was really up to you to decide what it is, to you, if you would like to. To me, its an astounding piece of non-traditional oragami.

As for the shoot, the 'inside' shot proved particularly confusing to shoot. I had no lights on in the room (as to not get cross shadows), so it was very dark on the inside of the thing. I ended up shooting the SB-600 through the top of the thing, through the holes, and that lit up the inside. I was very pleased with the whole thing in the end.

Thanks everyone!
Mark

I LOVE her face in number three. I miss having little kittens around!!

Great series. What are you going to do with that calender thing?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back