LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Kormorane1.jpg

At the bottom of this meadow, in that tree in the near background, which is situated on the banks of our river, there are the cormorants (you can see tiny dots --- erm: edit: no, you can't, thanks to Photobucket ... might have to load this one into Picturetrail to get the size I want)

They let me walk up on them this close (full frame, no crop, at 200mm)...
Kormorane2.jpg

... and they do look like cormorants to me now, too (seen up close by means of cropping this part out of the previous pic)
Kormorane3.jpg

But, as with all birds around here, they don't like their picture taken:

Kormorane4.jpg

Kormorane5.jpg

So off they went. Bye-bye cormorants. I will try to sneak up on you again!!!

Kormorane6.jpg

REally dig the third shot. Has a "creepy" look to it.
I have gone bird chasing ...and I found that the more I chased the more they flew away. ONe time, I was chasing a cardinal..not the Vatican type, but the red one in a tree. As I ran, well quick walked, looking up, I did not see the large puddle of water. Ya kinda gotta look up and down at the same time.:confused:

Chiller said:
REally dig the third shot. Has a "creepy" look to it.
I agree! This crop from the first shot makes it work - your placement here is excellent. :thumbup: Good eye.

Very strange, exotic looking birds!

:hugs: Thank you all :hugs:

I am surprised we are having them thus far inland. I had always thought cormorants to be birds that live on the COAST!

I'm glad you found them and showed us - last time you showed us birds in a tree I thought they looked cormorant-shaped but wasn't sure. Now I know! Second shot (and third crop) are sweet :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back