The Couch - Model (Cocktail Dress VSFW) C&C Welcome!

Lovely shot. If you had a do-over, I'd make a couple of small changes:

1. Bad angle to have her hips oriented towards the camera b/c it provides a small "up skirt" view.
2. I mentioned this in my previous post--b/c her left leg is pointed directly at the camera, she's got a stick leg. Even her right leg has more definition/more calf just b/c she's on her toes with that leg.

You can correct both issues if her hips are oriented just 5-10 degrees to the model's right. I'm fine with her hands. Setting is lovely. Dress is fine--stylish and sexy without being too provocative. Nice range of colors in the background/setting that add to the richness of the photo.

I would give it a 96 out of 100.

Would she be offended if you got rid of her mole on her chest?

Or what was the reasoning behind keep it?

it's not a mole. It's body jewelery. She likes it. Dermal implant.

She should go with a color that doesn't look like a mole...:hopelessness:

I guess its just me, I am the only one to bring it up.

OP - By the way...what is the model thinking about? She looks like she is in deep thought.

What facial expression were you going for? I mean, was this a photo to show off the model or for some other reason?

My hot body? lol, kidding. She just sat down and I took a picture ;)
Sorry that says it all, just sat down and I took the picture, the corner of the couch is like a buffer for me as if stop don't look if you had cropped that I think it would be better

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm not big on conceptual or set planning.. I shoot off the cuff. Is it the best way to do things, maybe not but it's what I do and how I do it.

Every time someone makes a suggestion, you seem to say 'well, ha ha, that's not how I do it'.

Do you want critique, or just "woo, dude, she's sooo hot, it must be awesome to be you, can I second shoot for you? I didn't even notice she has a face, I thought she was just an awesome pair of tits, ha ha ha!" feedback?

ETA: This is a bit snarky. Sorry.

Last edited:
I just am a more casual shooter. I'm listening and not rebuking the critique, is that ok? I'm lazy and I'm honest about it. ;)

Add: your statement is totally out of line as well. "Every time"? No, I think not. I have gotten plenty of critique and thanked the critique giver.

Well, my take is that you've reached a point where, in order to up your game to any interesting degree, you're going to have to change the way you shoot.

If you're pretty happy with where you are, then, great.

Every time someone makes a suggestion, you seem to say 'well, ha ha, that's not how I do it'.

Do you want critique, or just "woo, dude, she's sooo hot, it must be awesome to be you, can I second shoot for you? I didn't even notice she has a face, I thought she was just an awesome pair of tits, ha ha ha!" feedback?
Wait a second--that's absolutely not fair. Anytime someone posts photos for C&C and then gets a lot of comments they are often all over the place. Doesn't mean they're wrong. Just means that one's perspective changes things. I critiqued the photo on the positioning of the legs. For everyone else in the thread, that may not be a biggie. Someone else talked about "the mole" or implant--others like that sort of thing. OR the model gets pissed if you remove birthmarks and distinctive elements. I think the OP has a pretty good track record of acknowledging some points, going "hmmm....didn't notice that before hand--good catch" or "yeah, good point" and then other times being honest (but diplomatic) enough to go "well, that wasn't a priority for me" or "that wasn't what I was trying to achieve here."

The OP is a fine fellow and very polite. My point is that he pushes back on any substantive critique. Gently, politely, but he's just not interested. Minor twiddles that, ultimately, won't make much difference? Sure.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I think Trever1t has the capability to make much better photos, and I confess I'm always a little disappointed that he's not, but that's not my business, nor my concern.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back