The countdown begins...

Peeb

Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
36495131771_ec9183bde3_o.jpg

Where the bleep are his glasses?!!! We don't need a bunch of blind squirrels falling out of the trees.

Joe

P.S. My house is inside the totality band at 23 seconds. Got the kids here down from St. Paul. Maximum totality for the nation is about 110 miles south east of us -- 2 minutes 41 seconds. I can drive 23 miles and reach 2 minutes of totality and an additional 15 miles to reach 2 minutes 30 seconds. They say there are 1.3 million extra people here in St. Louis right now many of whom will join the 2 million already here who will all get in their cars tomorrow and start driving to get a better view.

This old man is starting to think that 23 seconds in my backyard is long enough.

Last edited:
We are very close to the totality area here. Many are dreading the eclipse and associated traffic ans spectator issues.

Nah, animals have more sense than people do, a dragon would know better than to munch on the sun.

On the news they said FEMA and the Red Cross are prepared; besides traffic jams or people going out in some isolated area and getting lost they're prepared for cell towers/systems being overloaded with GPS and phone use... so their backup is to use ham radio. Who knew that was even still around??

This might be as bad as Friday afternoon drive like bats out of he#% traffic.

Hello Mates,

I didn't get the concept o f the image shared. Can you please tell me? Like what is this thread exactly related to?

Thanks

You mean you haven't heard about the Great Eclipse??

It's on the Google main page, apparently it's caused by space critters in two little spaceships tossing the moon back and forth. I knew there had to be a good scientific explanation...

Hello Mates,

I didn't get the concept o f the image shared. Can you please tell me? Like what is this thread exactly related to?

Thanks
A solar eclipse crosses the entire USA Today. Should be fun.

Our library was giving out free eclipse glasses this morning. We're in the 70% band. It will start around 1:25 and end completely at 4 - maximum coverage will be reached at about 2:45. Should be an interesting day on campus ;)

Making the rounds on FB:

20953373_10155163186468375_1272771500960662167_n.jpg

(via justin alva on FB via liam stack via redgoldrush on twitter)

FINALLY some practical advice

Pics to follow- so cool! Did not breathe for 2 minutes and my legs were shaking. Just CRAZY.

The weather forecasters hemmed and hawed the last couple days but finally spit it out this morning -- good chance it would cloud over by 1:17 pm. So we packed up and drove about 40 miles south east to the center of totality where the forecast was better. It was worth it. I've experienced a couple partials before but this was special. We had 2 minutes and 35 seconds of total eclipse.

I'm not a long lens guy so I'm not equipped for this kind of stuff but I did go ahead and grab an "I was there" shot (major cropped).

Joe

eclipse.jpg

Nice! Would have been so wonderful to have been in a center of totality area! :)

Most reactions

Back