The Cranes

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The weather has been horrible for weeks.
I still ventured out for a prolonged walk the other day, bringing the cameras, and I could hear the cranes make a racket somewhere.
I followed their sound and found them at last, but alas! they would not have me near them. They did what birds do when I come to take their photo (wouldn't have done so with Sir Ray or Airic or so! I am sure!) ... so there :roll: ... just these!

Kraniche-im-Januar_01.jpg

Kraniche-im-Januar_02.jpg

Kraniche-im-Januar_03.jpg

They were there by the hundreds, but all my attempts to get closer by means of using my telezoom (and subsequent cropping) have come out in such a bad quality that only a tiny size can make them presentable AT ALL:

Kraniche-im-Januar_05.jpg

Kraniche-im-Januar_06.jpg

Kraniche-im-Januar_07.jpg

And sure enough, what did this group do (that I detected when I was already almost back to where I had left the car)?

Kraniche-im-Januar_08.jpg

The light was just too poor, too!

Very well done to find them, some nice stalking going on, and they are really are hard to get close to. If it is windy it can help, they are more reluctant to take off. The first three are really nice, you get a good feeling about how they are in their element.

tim

What beautiful birds and very nice captures.
But isn't the first one geese?
Dani

Dani, you may be right after all! There were some geese in the area, but I always thought there were only a couple, did not think there had been a whole flock... But the legs of the birds in Photo 1 are too short to be crane's legs, aren't they :scratch: !?

Does the sun ever shin in Germany or what! I guess thats why my family came here in the late 1800s.

Does the sun ever shin in Germany or what!

That is one very good question!
I have begun to doubt it even EXISTS!
But our UK members say they see the sun these days, which sounds promising, for most of our weather comes from the west, so what they have on one day might arrive here a day or two later.

HOPE! :sun:

Everyone of these are so nice! You did very well.

I just found out yesterday one of the routes geese fly through a pass in the mountains in the area. It is only accessible in the early fall. Late winter is too icy and the nutballs skid/drive off cliffs so the road is closed.

#1 & #2 are shots I've been trying to get for years

what a fun series... looks like you are having a blast with these cranes... we don't get such large flocks flying around here... :thumbup:

Well, "a blast" ... don't know. I would have loved to be able to creep up closer before they noticed me and flew away!
I better not tell how many TOTAL bloopers I took on that day... :roll:

Great shots. The last one is my favourite.

Most reactions

Back