The day from start to finish (56k warning)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by skunkboy, Aug 13, 2005.

1. skunkboy

skunkboy TPF Noob!

[​IMG]
    The day started out heading home from working third shift and seeing a balloon in the air - too bad I couldn't get home and get the camera fast enough to then be able to catch up with it (on bike).

[​IMG]
    But since I was out and already looking to the sky, I could pass up the sunrise.

[​IMG]
    The layering of the clouds was just... wow.

[​IMG]
    Later in the day, actually finally toward evening, after I got some sleep and some running done, I headed out to the skate park. Too bad I couldn't seem to shoot anything clear in the evening either.

[​IMG]
    But then again, I wasn't the only one with bad luck for the day.

[​IMG]
    Heh, even Alex couldn't seem to land anything as he wanted; this as he quietly rolls away from a failed icepick attempt.

[​IMG]
    But, again I turn around and see this - the other end of the day.

[​IMG]
    I don't usually shoot to this side of the view simply because of the power plant but some other riders made comment of just how active the plant appeared to be.

[​IMG]
    but, as night set in, everybody headed out and so did I.

[​IMG]
    Yep, there's the lonely bike on the bridge but of course not the main purpose behind this photo.

[​IMG]
    A few more peddles and I'll be in the mess of downtown.

[​IMG]
    While in town, I just had to stop and shoot some pictures of the dam.

[​IMG]
    But my time spent there didn't last long though as here I'm on the other end of town looking back.

[​IMG]
    And it wasn't much longer before this was the only light I had to get home by. Unfortunately, in shorts, and being fairly clear aside from the light clouds, it was a little chilly by the time I walked through the door.

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is a nice series.
    And I tell you what: the "usually-don't-look-in-that-direction-photo" with the power plant is the one I like most of the entire series!!! Only would I crop it horizontal, or square, or at least so that tiny bit of tree gets lost.

Some of the night photos are too dark - my monitor is very bright, so not so bright ones might show nothing more than a black patch in some (dam - but there are better ones in the other thread, bottom part of "bicycle on the bridge").

3. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    very cool series, and great story., thanks for sharing!