The DEATH of the Consumer Camera?

dascrow

TPF Tech
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Interesting video and viewpoint. I couldn't agree more that some of these companies need to start thinking more like a software company rather then just hardware company.

Yikes! A picture of Tony Northrup -- quick, CLICK AWAY! Whew.

Interesting video and viewpoint. I couldn't agree more that some of these companies need to start thinking more like a software company rather then just hardware company.

Ok, for those of us who either don't have sound at work on our PC or really don't want to sit through a long boring video maybe you could summarize the viewpoint and tell us why it's interesting?

Not gonna watch it but I can imagine that consumer point and shoots are much more vulnerable than high end dslr's and professional cameras to cell phones. Low end slr's are debatable as to whether hobbyists will want the ability to have more lenses, controls n stuff.

Ok, for those of us who either don't have sound at work on our PC or really don't want to sit through a long boring video maybe you could summarize the viewpoint and tell us why it's interesting?

I haven't watched it. No way am I going to watch it. However I'm confident I can summarize it for you: Consumers are satisfied with their phone cameras. Another stunning revelation from Tony Northrup.

Joe

It's not interesting 'cuz Chelsea's not in it.

I haven't watched it. No way am I going to watch it. However I'm confident I can summarize it for you: Consumers are satisfied with their phone cameras. Another stunning revelation from Tony Northrup.

Joe

Ok, well if such is the case I guess my response would be, bully for them.

But, I'm still keeping my DSLR.. lol

I'm giving 3 to 1 odds that Ken Rockwell and Tony Northrup are besties.

It's not so much a revelation as an expected (and detailed) history. I only made it halfway, which is unfortunate because I think he was finally past the history lesson and going to get to the point. But, I think I disagree. Consumer cameras aren't gone, it's just that what used to be pro-quality cameras are the new consumer cam, and it will keep going that way for a while.

People have been declaring that painting is dead since 1898 because of photography. Guess what? It's not.

It's not so much a revelation as an expected (and detailed) history. I only made it halfway, which is unfortunate because I think he was finally past the history lesson and going to get to the point. But, I think I disagree. Consumer cameras aren't gone, it's just that what used to be pro-quality cameras are the new consumer cam, and it will keep going that way for a while.

People have been declaring that painting is dead since 1898 because of photography. Guess what? It's not.
Wait.......................... what.................................. you actually listened to and then thought about something that Tony Northrup said. :confused-55:

are-you-in-the-overkill-cult-600x300.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Wait.......................... what.................................. you actually listened to and then thought about something that Tony Northrup said. :confused-55:

tony_koolaid.jpg

One glass every morning and you too can be a fauxtographer.

Joe

Last edited:

View attachment 127179
One glass every morning and you to can be a fauxtographer.

Joe
Is the Tony Northrup Kool-Aid like the Jim Jones Kool-Aid?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back