The Door - Model (Lingerie NSFW)

It was raining very heavy all day & night that day. I could've darkened the sky and to be honest didn't pay any attention to it at all in post, mybad but there wouldn't be any details regardless,due to the poor weather.

Positive or not, I appreciate the comments on my work!

It was raining very heavy all day & night that day. I could've darkened the sky and to be honest didn't pay any attention to it at all in post, mybad but there wouldn't be any details regardless,due to the poor weather.

Positive or not, I appreciate the comments on my work!
Easier in camera if your mixing flash and ambient, I think the model would have stood out more she is more important than the sky

The model is fine, I think the doors and the background are to big and make her look secondary to the image. Great shot, shooting models and lingerie are tough. I think there is a ton of pretty girls out there, but not models. Last month I hired a girl to shoot some lingerie for my site. We met first but when it came time to shoot it was bad. I will never us those photos. Good models you can shoot anywhere and come out looking good.

Attachments

• _MG_5624.jpg
    _MG_5624.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 107
I have a general suggestion, which is intended as a suggestion only.

Get yourself a copy of Vogue or something similar. You're looking for a magazine with ads from Chanel, Bottega Veneta, Ralph Lauren, Guess.
Get yourself a color wheel. Just pull one up on the internet.

Now start looking at ads. Find the colors in the ad on the color wheel. Start with the important colors, the clothes, shoes, jewelry. But got get them all. The model's skin, makeup, eyes, hair. The building behind the model. The sign in the window. The tree down the street. All of it.

Do this for a dozen ads, and you'll know a great deal about styling and managing color to create a high-fashion look.

OK I actually started doing this ... So I grabbed my copy of Dec's Vogue, and right on the cover, I see that there's no green in Amy Adams' portrait. There's a coach ad on p63 with no greens or blues. I find three basic categories:
  • The ad has some presence of all of them (Dolce & Gabbana, p30??, those first 40 pages or so are all ads with no p numbers)
  • The ad has predominance of one color (Jimmy Choo ad on p131, Prada Candy on p239)
  • The ad has a balance of a few of them from both the warm or cool side of the color wheel (Bottega Vanetta) with the purple & green plants, yellow & blue dress.
Is that anywhere close to what I should be finding?

Yep.

You find a lot of complementary colors, and you find a lot of matching color. The hair matches the shoes matches the passing car. It can be slightly creepy.

It's not universal. A few ads are doing something more complex with color, and a LOT of them these days are doing almost monochrome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back