The Doors

jadin

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Website
jadinhanson.smugmug.com
DSC_1286edit3.jpg

it's a tricky one to critique, i'm not sure what i think of it yet

i really wish i could see the whole bottom catwalk. that would complete the "double catwalks" for me as the matter of the photo.
this seems like an environment image to me, and as such, it would be best observed big
that's all for now. it might be a really cool desktop wallpaper... or maybe a lightbox??

how do you go to these places and not get chased away?

I'm definately going back to this spot when I purchase my fisheye lens, then I can get everything in the shot.

This shot was taken on a sidewalk overpass above a freeway. The building itself is off limits I'm sure but from the overpass you can capture it free as can be. A lot of my other locations, I just shoot late late at night, (3AMish) and avoid "no trespassing" signs like the plague. I have been asked to leave by a security guard or two.

I'm submiting this for a "balance" challenge at dpchallenge.com. "Among other things, balance is a state of equilibrium or a harmonious arrangement of proportion. Take a shot that illustrates the concept of balance."

I took a couple pans of it, so I should be able to make a nice panorama, but multiple images isn't allowed for most challenges.

This photo is completely different from all others published in this forum :) And it is very inetresting idea. Your creativity is really wide. I like it.

Thanks for the comments. since I wasn't able to photo the building in it's entirity (notice the doors are cut off on the ends). I was kind of trying to convey the idea that they continued off screen. Like you have no idea how many doors there are.

I decided the colors were too distracting, here's a b&w with sepia tone added.

DSC_1286edit4.jpg

i think i liked the colors more. there's not a lot of lightness values in the b+w, the colors of the earlier one seemed to compensate for that. they also felt like they belonged in the setting of the photo.
your call though! good luck

Most reactions

Back