The Drive for a Cure (too many pictures)

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot a charity event today (more tomorrow). Here's some of the results:

IMG_1052 by longm1985, on Flickr

IMG_1063 by longm1985, on Flickr

^Tried to match the blue and white motif of the badge to the sky as best as possible

Maser for a Cure by longm1985, on Flickr

^A wee bit contrasty, but they liked that style

Panned Porsche by longm1985, on Flickr

Drive for a Cure by longm1985, on Flickr

^They asked me to get a framed print of that for the raffle tomorrow. Well, of course I obliged. They even put my name all over it and business cards out. :)

Meow by longm1985, on Flickr

^^^ THAT is my favorite. By far.

Thoughts, comments? I know, a lot of shots, but hey. Thanks, guys!

#1 doesn't do anything for me, but I'm not a fan of the 500's so I'm probably biased. I rarely find that angle appealing on cars.

#2 is a little bland and the "been done" factor is super high IMO. I'd crop out a little sky as well.

#3 I like, even with the pole thing. I like the composure and it still draws your eyes to the decal on the car... even though it's a Maserati and I should be looking at the details!

#4 is cool

#5 is nice but nothing too special. Sweet bokeh though

#6 is definitely my favorite as well. Really like the angle, colors, and details.

I would try to get more full-car shots but that's just me. Can be hard with a crowd too so I totally get that.

That was the problem. There were a ton of people. The Fiat's angle is the way it is because I was on the ground between two cars (I <3 wide angle for this reason)-the point was to get a shot of the full car with the decal, and that's about the only way I could (not thrilled with the angle either, but it was the best choice in the circumstance-I would have done differently if i had the room). I got another really cool one of the F type that I'll have to post. Selected the headlight out of a pack of cars.

Edit: oh what the hell. Why not.

Kitty on the prowl by longm1985, on Flickr

Nice effort - interesting, I really liked #2 and my first thought was, "Hey... that looks like it belongs in a sales brochure!"

Thanks, John-I appreciate that. Worked hard for this. Done LOTS of products, not very many events. Nothing THIS big. Here's a couple crowd shots they wanted.

The Line by longm1985, on Flickr

Pink by longm1985, on Flickr

I got to ride shotgun in one. Ugh. IT SPITS FIRE. 0-60 as fast as a McLaren F1. It was an unbelievable experience. Now to become rich...

Super jealous of that! Fastest car I've been in was an 09 Shelby GT500 with a massive kenne bell supercharger making over 800hp. What an experience. Not refined by any definition of the word though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back