Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
296950_009_2_2.jpg

This one is getting irritating, I can not for the life of me get that sign on the building right.:(

Last edited:
It is red, so I am not too surprised! I find capturing red at night (self-lit, that is) extremely difficult, bordering on the impossible. Maybe there are experts around here who KNOW how to photograph a red sign, but unfortunately I am no expert AT ALL, so I don't know.

All in all, though I like this photo!

It is red, so I am not too surprised! I find capturing red at night (self-lit, that is) extremely difficult, bordering on the impossible. Maybe there are experts around here who KNOW how to photograph a red sign, but unfortunately I am no expert AT ALL, so I don't know.

All in all, though I like this photo!

Yeah, I have noticed the rules change in the event of red light up signs, for some odd reason it seems to just want to be hazy, and any attempt at sharpening results in orange niose. Granted for this attempt I was not focusing directly on the sign itself (the window just the far side of it) but it should not have been so fuzzy I thought.

Yes I too like the shot, It's part of why I have made so many attempts at it. For this attempt I nearly got frostbite in my fingers at -5F with out windchill just getting on location let alone getting the two shots at both f/3.5 and f/22...It's worth that much to me.

That there is determination! But it is a great shot dispite the fuzzy red sign.

Yeah, I am glad those doors are open 24 hours a day, after considering a few firing positions I ended up having to go inside and warm up when I found my self unable to change lenses. I ended up sitting in the loby for about half an hour before I had enough use of my fingers to swap out the 50mm for the 35mm lens. This was all despite having gloves on during the trip. All in all the trip itself took about an hour, despite being only about ten/fifteen minutes away.

I'll tell ya, it ain't easy to lock the mirror when your fingers are numb, let alone remove a rear cap and mount a lens.....

the shot looks very noisy to me. Was that intentional?

No, it was not intentional or desired, It's another part of why I am displeased with this one. I took it with 200 film in an attempt to reduce the appearance of grain (partly responsable for the dislike of this one) I know full well that my film scanner has some issues with blacks in color negitives being noisy, but I made every attempt to to reduce this issue during scanning, but.......

Is there... *ahem* ... a reason the sign is red?

I don't know, I think the feel of the grain as well as how the sign turned-out help in the over-all feeling of the image (which is what produced my little opening joke). Or at least the feeling I got from it.

I wouldn't mind a tighter crop on the building, or even the sign for that matter.

What about maybe taking multiple exposures? You can then layer them and maybe paint so a lower exposure (around the sign) comes through and the rest of the picture doesn't become under exposed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back