The eagle -um bear- has landed

Tangerini

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Otter King in his quest to populate the world with look-alike bears schlepping Canon products, shipped a small package to my doorstep. The following is an unscripted, uncut, and detailed recount of the goings on from the bear’s arrival forward (well mostly).
Oh and I apologize in advance that I most likely won't be able to live up to Anty's adventures with Colin:

“Woohoo!” I exclaimed as I caught a glimpse of the mail man jogging back to his truck from my front porch. I’d been anxiously awaiting the package containing Duncan and knew that that day just had to be the day.

*Hmm were those tires squealing outside? No matter - I can’t wait to meet our guest!*

I ripped open the front door and snatched up the package. “Yay! Duncan’s here!” From inside the box I could hear a soft, “Mh mrmh mrumph.” Eagerly I tore open the box with help from a pair of scissors. “What was that?” I asked.
“I said. My name’s NOT Duncan you daft woman!”
“Oh,” I replied dejectedly, “I thought it was a nice name...”
“It is a nice name. A nice name used by a nice lad back home. It is not, however, my name (nor am I nice)” the last he uttered under his breath and before I could question it he said, “I’m Declan.” He looked around at the house quickly, “So these are my digs then?”

pkg.jpg

“Wait a minute. Is that chocolate on your paws?!” I said aghast. “And what are these wrappers... H- Hey! Weren't those chocolate bars for us?!”
“What can I say? I got a bit peckish on the flight over. Speaking of... got anything to eat?”

And so we got off to a rocky start...

Three times during the day I caught Declan raiding our supply of British goods.
food.jpg

Finally I decided to send him to a “time-out”
timeout.jpg

“This is total rubbish!” He exclaimed from his perch, “bo!!ocks to you!” but I think he finally got my point.

I was so relieved when my husband came home (our rocky start turned into a rocky day) I introduced him to our “guest” hoping he could "babysit" Declan for a while.

“I need a drink” I said exasperatedly as I headed to the fridge.
“Bloody he!!, that’s the first sensible thing you’ve said since I’ve arrived!”
beer.jpg

“Cheers mate!”​

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!
celb (4).gif

Great thread! I just knew Colin had an evil twin.

omg do i see weetabix?!?!?!!??

Declan, in an effort to establish his rank among the other animals of the house decided it best to stake claim to the queen dog's chair. "If I can show her where my place is, surely the rest will follow" He said as he climbed into his new 'throne'.

It didn't take long for the target of his ploy to notice his intent. The queen of the pack eyed her competition and weighed his worthiness.
dchair.jpg

She came to her conclusion quickly, and took swift action to rid this menace from her presents.

ddogs.jpg

Feeling a bit foolish (and also a touch afraid - though he'd never admit to it)
He retreated to join some animals who were a bit more his 'style' <-- his words - though I'm pretty sure the location of their perch (out of reach of those cranky dogs) was factored in there somewhere - oh I mean - I guess he wanted to show off how daring he is in his extreme climbing ability.

dmonkey.jpg

Feeling a bit more brave - ahem - I mean peckish, he said goodbye to his monkey friends in search of food.
"Mmm, what do I see over there?" Declan said when he spied a bright pink treat on the other side of the room.

dpeep.jpg

He didn't even have enough time to lick his lips before another of the native animals appeared to show dominants

dcat.jpg

I reassured him as I rescued - um, I mean - moved him away from a chilly draft, "Ah nevermind Declan," I said, "that isn't a real Peep anyway, you'd just end up with a mouth full of fluff n stuff."

Still hungry he found a couple of veggies hanging out in the kitchen... this time he executed caution as he snuck up on them, trying to avoid any other scary natives - uhm er, I mean - he showed off his extreme hunting prowess...

dveg.jpg

Feeling a bit sorry for him at this point, I sighed, "Oh Declan, those veggies are also full of cotton. Here, I think this will help fill that empty spot in your tummy."
I sat him down to enjoy a beary good treat and he reluctantly growled a thank you.

dberry.jpg

**Just for the record all italisized words are Declan's interjections, I just so happen to have a moment to type this without him glaring over my shoulder, as he's off trying to eat another stuffed food item...**

Ah Declan, I see you're doing your best to fit into your new household and get along with the natives. You looked particularly 'fetching' when playing the part of the 'hear no evil' monkey. You should have your 'peeps' call Colin's 'peeps' to arrange for a get together....

I love these threads....how would say someone like me go about getting one of thee bears?

Lots of brown nosing and bribery thrown in LostProphet's direction ;) :lol:

good to see he is still alive and kicking :)

Most reactions

Back