The Ebay Cooler: Does this happen often?

padrepaul77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was set to bid on an auction, but wanted to look at the camera first-hand in a store. The auction was set to end next week. I come back this afternoon, go to the auction, and find it's ended. I contact the seller, he says he got one offer that was solid, and so he went with it.

Is this common with Ebay, or do I have a legitimate gripe here? It's his stuff and he can do what he wants but it seems kind of lame. I'll end up spending more for it new, which is OK as I can go local and the store is reputable (National Camera) but still it was quite aggravating. I thought once you set a date you were bound by it (and there was no "buy it now" option on said auction.)

Frustrating.
Paul

... in other words... its his camera, he can do darn well anything he pleases with it. :)

... in other words... its his camera, he can do darn well anything he pleases with it. :)

Quite true...maybe he just needed cash ASAP. I was watching it, had e-mailed him earlier, and then it just ends. Oh well. I'll go thru B&H.

Quite true...maybe he just needed cash ASAP. I was watching it, had e-mailed him earlier, and then it just ends. Oh well. I'll go thru B&H.

A lot of times you will see a disclaimer stating that "the listed item is also for sale locally, and may be ended at any time"...or something to that effect. Some people list their items on the local Craig's List as well, and if they get what they are asking, why risk getting less at auction?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back