The Elf

Resin42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A sculpture by Sir William Goscombe John, found at the botanic gardens at the weekend. I can't make my mind up on it, it's had a couple of faves on deviantart (which doesn't say much frankly) but I can't decide if it's good or just ok. It's a great piece and I love her expression but I dunno. Some honest gut reactions would be appreciated.

The_Elf_by_Resin42.jpg

I think this is a great shot. However, the sculpture itself is kinda creepy. Very nice tone. I can't see anything to nitpick.

that is a good one..

I like it, but it seems slightly soft? And also I think it would be nicer if the background above her head wasn't blown out, but I'm sure it was unavoidable.

Cheers guys, it is kinda creepy but I really like that about it.

I like it, but it seems slightly soft? And also I think it would be nicer if the background above her head wasn't blown out, but I'm sure it was unavoidable.

Fair points Marcus, noise removal I suspect. I did sharpen but in retrospect it could've taken a little more. The highlights weren't so harsh in the original but to get the contrast right it seemed like a price worth paying.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back