The emotional attachment thread

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw some nice shots in the "just for fun" section today. The OP knew they were not technically perfect yet they were her favourite photos. Possibly everyone has shots like these. I thought it would be nice to have a place for these type of shots. I suggest no c+c but maybe a quick explanation of why the photo isn't to good and why it is great to you. I will start

Smile by jaomul, on Flickr

Not so good because- low light, very high iso, wb off, taken at close range with a 35mm lens so a bit of distortion
Good because- its my son with one of the most natural poses I ever caught him with on camera so one of my favourites

Great.. because it's your son and because you have that moment captured in time forever. Will it ever win anything at a photography competition? Eh, probably not. Does it matter? Not one whit.

:)

$feedinghorsies.jpg
Not so good: Nothing compared to what a real pro could get *still learning lighting and stuff and this was done by one of those coolpix cameras lol
Good: My little man got to feed a horse and this was the first expression he had of ever being near a horse like this :)

I think I'm the person mentioned in the op's post. :blushing: . i Iove both of these photos . The first one just radiates a little boys happiness :heart: . And the second one the joy of feeding a horse. I'll admit, at 42 I still get excited over that.

$DSC_0003-1.JPG$DSC_0197.JPG
Because it was the day he left for BC for 6 months, first time we had ever been not in the same city ( let alone province) and this was the best shot i could get through the tears.

Last edited:
My 2 biological sons were just the nicest kids in the world growing up. They got along, never fought with each other and the older one was always protective of the younger. They turned out to be two nice, intelligent successful adults. This was taken a very long time ago.
As I remember they had just come in from the pool and the littlest one had banged his head.

p42738260-4.jpg

$IMG_1892BW.jpg
I love this one because my son was being so sweet. I hate it because I missed focus trying to get the shot before he moved.

I actually started a thread about this a while back :D

some recents from me:

Missed focus, but I love it!!
$6W2A9953.jpg

Didn't want her picture taken, cute face, OMG HORRIBLE CROP. Mommy photo only, but I love it
$6W2A9644.jpg

too shallow focus, love the carefree look and windblown hair
$6W2A1984.jpg

It's just a snapshot - very few redeeming qualities in terms of technical merit. Both my father and my first pet, Macoco, are gone from this earth and this is how I like to remember both of them.

$Papa and Macoco.jpg

Leonore, that's a great memory. I have one of my son and my brother (lost my brother in 97). It was the last time I saw my brother. Same kind of picture, him and my son laughing, taken with a crappy point and shoot, but I treasure that picture.

These are all wonderful for a variety of different reasons. Lew, that one of your kids made me go "awww..."

These are mostly gonna be pictures of our kids I think....

$2736_1129457684165_6867977_n.jpg

I dunno what about this one gets me... something about her face.
$7616_1204904970300_5843917_n.jpg

I love the shots I have with the two of them together.
$33608_1609371521711_6407109_n.jpg

$IMG_1534_zps554f9557.jpg
Pro: Me and my kid were messing around
Con: Too much noise and yeah just not worth much more than the sentimentality of it all :p

Most reactions

Back