The Engineer

winsley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is from my recent trip to Strassburg PA. C&C always welcomed.

4071893163_f66f71b7bc_b.jpg

This is from my recent trip to Strassburg PA. C&C always welcomed.

4071893163_f66f71b7bc_b.jpg
Not bad. A fair amount of keystoning because of the upward angle, blown out sky that's not helping the image and a general softness in his face, but pretty good composition. This would have been a great candidate for some OCF, off-camera-flash and it's to bad you couldn't get the camera up to his eye level.

I sharpened only his face, lightened the whites of his eyes a tad and cropped to loose the blown sky since it wasn't really contributing to the image anyway. You don't have edit preferences in your profile. Let me know if you'd rather I delete my edit of your image.

4071893163_f66f71b7bc_bTOPAZ.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the C&C! I love to see what others can do with my photos. All the help I can get is appreciated.

Thanks for the C&C! I love to see what others can do with my photos. All the help I can get is appreciated.
Notice the crop also gives 'The Engineer' a stronger presence in the image. He is the main subject afterall, not the engine. You need just enough of the engine so people can figure out it's a train engine. The window and the tops of the numbers convey that nicely.

Jesus man (kmh) that's too much sharpening. Original poster: I like it, shoveling coal is hard work.

Here's a caption for ya: "awe damnit, whats the rookie doing now"?

Most reactions

Back