I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Don't you just love to track the shipment when you have ordered something? Well, sometimes it's frustrating when you can see that it's just sitting somewhere...and not in transit. :roll:

I currently have two separate shipments coming to me via UPS. It's pretty exciting...well, to be fair, there isn't much else going on...so it's exciting to me :D

One of them, I ordered from B&H (New York) on the afternoon of July 4th. B&H was open that day and I would think that UPS would be too...but the tracking page showed that after the billing info was received...nothing happened until the evening if the 5th...about 30 hours :confused:. Then it went from NY, to NJ, then back to Jamaica NY...and finally to the UPS hub in Louisville a few hours ago. It now has to clear customs and then be shipped out of there. I'm hoping it arrives tonight but if not, it probably won't show up until Monday. I used UPS Expedited service for this one.

My other shipment is coming from AlienBee in Nashville. I made the order yesterday afternoon and last night it went from there to Louisville and passed customs. Early this morning it went to Sioux Falls, then to Calgary and is now on it's way to me here in Edmonton. I'm very surprised how fast this one is moving. For this one, I used UPS Saver.

Big Mike, I am waiting on two packages too. I checked and UPS was closed on the 4th. Mine are in town and I am waiting for them to deliver.

It reminds me of Christmas as a kid combined with the ice cream man. UPS needs to play loud music on their trucks so I can start running to the front of my property.:mrgreen: I love those big brown trucks.

I checked and UPS was closed on the 4th
That explains the delay.

Mine are in town and I am waiting for them to deliver.
That's the worst...you just want to drive over and pick it up yourself...or chase down the truck :lol:

I did the same with a package from Hong Kong, ordered it on late Friday night / Early Saturday morning, guy emailed me on the Monday to say it had been despatched - checked DHL and it was at the international hub in Hong Kong, woke up Tuesday morning and it was at Heathrow awaiting customs clearance, couple of hours later it had cleared customs, then en route to Oxford, arrived at Oxford depot at about 2pm - great I thought, I'll get it in the morning - big yellow van turned up on the doorstep about half an hour later!

And no duty either ;)

When I ordered my tripod I paid for 2-day delivery from B&H and of course there was a big snow storm and everything was delayed. I ended up trying to pick up the package at the UPS hub so I would have the tripod when I went out of town for the weekend.

I didn't get it though. :cry:

I ordered an external HD from WDC on clearance to store my photos, it should arrive today, it supposedly left for delivery at 6 am now its 2 pm hmmm

The 2nd shipment has arrived in Edmonton...but I just saw this...
Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of 07/09/2007.
Come on...it must have just missed the truck. Maybe I can pick it up :scratch:

Big Mike....you're not telling us what's in the packages.....that's not fair.

What did you buy?????

I was saving that for later....at least until I could get my hands on it...but since it looks like I won't be getting anything until Monday...I guess I can spill the beans.

From B&H I ordered a Canon EF-S 10-22mm lens (along with the hood and a part for my Stroboframe). I wanted it for the upcoming meet up in the Rocky Mountains.

From AlienBee I ordered two more lights to go with the one I have. I'm getting a 2nd B800 and a B400. I'm getting a large fold-able softbox, and a bunch of background stuff (small stand, set of color gels, set of honeycomb grids etc.)

On another note, it's my birthday next week...and I'd love a 77mm circular polarizer for my new lens :sexywink: or maybe a Muslin backdrop or two.

Well I spoke too soon. Despite the tracking site telling me that the shipment had been rescheduled...my 3 boxes from AlienBee showed up about 30 minutes ago...which is just over 24 hours since I ordered them...Woo Hoo!

My Shipment from B&H, however, has been sitting in Louisville for about 5 hours.

online_package_tracking.png

From xkcd

(note to mods, this image is CC licensed, so republishing is permitted. If a link is still preferred feel free to edit as needed, or let me know and I will do so.)

Mine arrived today via UPS, I got home so late the leasing office where all the packages are left was closed. D'OH!!!

I'm sooo glad they're open saturday, I couldn't stand knowing it was in the office all weekend and not able to pick it up.

When I get my paycheck next week i'll probably be buying a tripod head. If i play my cards right and buy the legs on sale from a local store, and than buy the head off of B&H, I should be able to save at least $10 just from not having to pay shipping on the legs and just assemble it myself.

Date Time Location Service Area Checkpoint Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 09, 2007 16:36 Hong Kong - Hong Kong Shipment picked up

July 09, 2007 18:49 Hong Kong - Hong Kong Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hong Kong

July 09, 2007 19:18 Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong Arrived at DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong

July 09, 2007 22:08 Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong

I'm getting excited - is that bad?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back