The Family's Piano

schumionbike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please give some feedback, I want to see how I can improve. Thanks for looking!

08spring118edited.jpg

hmm....interesting shot, but I think you have too much direct light coming in. The black keys are too dark, yet the white keys are completely blown out. I'm assuming there is a window near there where the light is coming in? I would say wait until the sun isn't shining directly in to take the shot. That's just my guess though.

Ideally you'd want to bounce some light back onto the keys. It's all coming from the side and you're getting blown out whites and un-detailed shadows. Flashes can be used in the day, give it a go. :)

I do like it. Even with the blown-out parts - they don't always ruin an image, sometimes they are the image. But my eye goes straight to the top left of and stays there.

hey guys, thanks for the comment. I did not pay attention to blowout keys until you mention it, thanks. I got to watch for that next time. All the light from this is coming through from a window next to it, so yeah, the light is coming through the side. I can't bounce any flash though so I got to something out regarding the light on the keys, thanks again!

If you turned the contrast up in the post processing of it, you might wanna just tone that down some.

hahaha, thanks Parkerman, I'm on a laptop so I'm not sure how the screen is calibrated. Is it really that constrasty? I usually like constrasty picture though.

hahaha, thanks Parkerman, I'm on a laptop so I'm not sure how the screen is calibrated. Is it really that constrasty? I usually like constrasty picture though.

well, its enough contrast to make the blacks and whites look blown out. Need to up it up some, but not to where all the keys look like one. what you could possibly do.. if you have photoshop...

And i dont know which versions of photoshop have this and which dont.. But. If you have an exposure adjustment in the adjustment menu.. You could play with the offest and gamma correction.. Not sure how it would work though.

Maybe just bump up the contrast some.. but not has much as the first one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back