Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The vision begins ...
416-fd-oom-1-v2.jpg

Trippy. In motion. Love it.

Trippy. In motion. Love it.

That's parts of it, thanks!

This is the second in a series that I've been working on in the last 6 months or so. The photos are meant to be mildly disturbing, with each one slightly more so than the one before. The first was to represent a warning presence through an anthropomorphic (human-like) image. This shot, another somewhat alien-looking anthropomorphic (if you look close at the closest tree in the front), symbolizes slipping into a 'vision' state with the use of motion (palm fans in the wind) and a distorted double exposure. A 'trip', not to be forgotten.

I really like the concept, and would love to see that series whenever it is complete. Keep up the good work :).

I really like the concept, and would love to see that series whenever it is complete. Keep up the good work :).

Cool. Looking forward to showing you. Thanks for -getting it-

Interesting...

yep trippy is the right word....interesting concept too. You haven't been reading old Carlos Castaneda books have you?

Thank you Roger. Years ago- The last few years I've been very much influenced by studying Desert Native American cultures, which is very much [similar to] Carlos' work from what I remember. Times are much different for me now although I enjoy attempting to express what I've learned in my reading and outdoor experiences instead of creative experimentation.

Very creative Abraxas! The palms are great. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks MM. I like thinking of what the shot will look like, then going to the place and finding it. I don't pull it off all the time, but I'm especially pleased with this wierd image.

Loving it like a bad dream.

You too?- I'm pretty sure an aggravated night was the inspiration here.

Interesting...

Thank you, I like that.

I like all your work abraxas....mescal visions & conversations with peyote....

I like all your work abraxas....mescal visions & conversations with peyote....

Cool- Thanks Rolland. I'm going back in a few days and see if I can get another shot for this series.

Most reactions

Back