The Fast and the Furious!

cfusionpm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...at least that was the kind of look I was trying to go for... ;)

fnftc.jpg

Car is my 2005 Scion tC, shot by mounting the camera on a tripod just next to my head. Shot on a 50D body at 10mm. 1 sec exposure at f/3.5 and 1600 ISO with some coloring PP.

could definatley be a movie poster or better yet a xbox game cover. i like the idea of it all. i may have to try this at some point!

could definatley be a movie poster or better yet a xbox game cover. i like the idea of it all. i may have to try this at some point!

It's pretty easy as long as you have a tripod you can mount somehow in your car, a wide lens, and a remote trigger (I used the remote with a 2 second delay). Depending on the speeds, I found 1 second good to capture light out the dash. If you have a sunroof, leave it open and drive under a lamp or street light. It will light the dash and the inside pretty naturally. I would say avoid using any of the car's interior lights. At least mine produced some less-than-desirable results with it on.

Very interesting!!! Nice shot and I will have to try something like this one day!

Get my show car done and I will have it made!!! LOL

Cool shot mate!! How did you secure the tripod and what speed did you drive the car at to achieve the blur?

Is that a Garmin nuvi? :)
I don't know why everyone likes those. My mom has one in her car and we all think it sucks. Takes forever to turn on and half the time it can't find satellites...
LOL yeah, it takes a loooong time to acquire satelites, but mine is an older model. Other than that, it works like a champ and I love it.

Cool shot mate!! How did you secure the tripod and what speed did you drive the car at to achieve the blur?
Not very fast. Come to think of it, you can see it in the dash, and I probably should have edited the gauges to be more interesting than 1,000 rpm and ~10mph. lol. The tripod happened to fit perfectly between the front and rear seats. It had the front leg propped up just behind the center console arm rest with either other leg firmly extended to the floor. With the right angle, it was good and sturdy and placed the camera right next to my head. I prolly couldn't have gotten the shot without the 10mm lens though.

hahaha... niiiiiiiiiiiiiicely done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back