The Fence

rsilfverberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pbase.com
Same as my Avatar :)

Hasselblad 500C/M, 80mm Zeiss lens, Provia 100F, highbeams from my Jeep on the fence.

18359385.jpg

In this shot there is too much sky. Just by taking have of the sky out of the shot the fence creates a very dramatic depth feeling. This would give the photo feeling, as it is it is just interesting as the sky is fighting for too much of the picture and winning.

My initial reaction was to take issue with bogleric because I like the way the dark cloud reflects the treeline and the fenceline, but on second look I think I agree because there is still enough of the dark cloud/tree/fence connection and it gets the horizon out of the center of the frame which gives the fence even more power. My next reaction is that the area lit by the headlights looks...well, out of context with the prevailing light. But those are both just quibbles. I really like this image.

I like the dark sky. My flavor would be to swivel the camera to the left, getting more of the fence, and less of the empty field to the right. Possibly a lower angle of view would move more of the fence up into the sky. I'm not a big fan of the Jeep lights, although it might be cool if it waqs darker out.

I like the exposure. I can almost see the light rays that are popping through an obvious opening in the clouds to illuminate that one section of fence.

I'd be afraid to change anything for fear that the mood would be lost or altered.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back