The first few weeks of a new dSLR owner

think312

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, new to the forum and the world of photography. I was recently plunged into the world of photography with a Canon Rebel XSi and the accompanying 18-55mm lens kit. Seems to be great for a beginner, just enough to get myself terribly hooked.

Below are some of my favorites from my first 3-4 weeks of shots. Let me know what you think and constructive criticism is extremely appreciated.

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

Just for clarification, photo 3 was taken during a very foggy morning. IMO I think it makes for an interesting challenge when shooting.

Great work! I am also new to photography, but I can give you my best personal opinion.

1. I noticed that you focused on the trees in the foreground. Is this the intended subject of the picture?
2. Great idea, but it seems very out of focus.
3. Hazy, but I like it. This one would look good in B&W.
4. Not sure what to say about this one. I like it, but may be a little better if the subject was a little closer to the center.
5. Great picture, though I would expect to see a little more water behind it and maybe a little less foreground.
6 & 7. These look great IMO. Probably my two favorites.
8. Not sure what I'm looking at.

Seems like you are definitely on the right track. I would like to be able to get out soon and get some nice outdoor shots. It's been so cold/rainy here that I have been stuck inside shooting pics of my daughters. At least they aren't complaining too much. LOL!

Hi!

I'm really new to photography as well! Welcome to the family! lol.

I like pics 6 and 7 and really like 4.

Great quality camera as well!

I'd like to comment, but there are too many to go into detail. Could you post just one or two that you would like CC on next time? You are more likely to get detailed CC I think.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Bazooka - Will do. Thanks for the advice!

All of them are really great, but I feel that #1's background is a bit too distracting.

Most reactions

Back