The first time you dropped a lens...

not a lens, but this thread reminds me of the time I dropped my ipod off my bed. At school i sleep in a lofted bed (so probably about 7 feet off the carpeted, but concrete floor) i woke up in the middle of the night and was going to lower it down onto my desk by the headphone cord. Usually this isnt a problem . That night though, i sorta tossed it over my shoulder kinda fast or something and the headphones popped out of the jack and the ipod fell down, bounced off the desk, then onto the floor. Still works though!

ohm ... darn ;)

Actually I will never sell that lens anyway ;)
Yeah, you are alive now due to that lens ;)

Not yet anything dropped from me, also I am a newbie on photography area. Only 5/6 months :)

The FIRST DAY I got my Nikon D40 (2 days ago), I put it on my bed with the 18-55 kit lens attached while I read the quick start guide, and it slowly rolled off my bed... luckily landed on a soft carpet and the drop was only 2 feet. " ****, I hope I didn't break my camera on day one!" I thought but luckily all was fine. :)

My hubby is always horrified when I toss my camera down on the grass. (Which I do a lot). Luckily it's survived.
I was changing lenses one time, and had two lenses in one hand, dropping a 70-200 2.8 on the concrete.
It went "boyyyyiiiin", and actually just bounced a few times. It survived.
Another time at a riot I was working, I was standing on a fence and dropped my whole setup. Nothing happened to it.
I guess my days are numbered, huh? I better find some wood to knock on.

Terrible experience. My month old D40x and its Nikkor 18-135mm lens. It was sitting on a table, I grabbed it by the grip, but the strap hooked onto the table's corner and caused the camera to get yanked out of my hand. It fell hard from about waist height and instantly shattered the UV filter I had on it. I was horrified when I looked through the viewfinder and saw the 'destroyed' diaphragm. Since then I've gotten a new lens, I wonder if my 18-135mm can be repaired.

Most reactions

Back