Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot with Canon FD 35mm on Canon TLB ASA 400
460255_001_2.jpg

See it bigger here

Adjust your white balance! I think there's actually a pretty cool image under there, but it has several issues. One is the white balance which looks like it's set for indoor (tungsten?) lighting. Another is the exposure of the far shore, which needs to be brightend a little (and possibly an increase in saturation). I'd also clone ou tthe little tree top lower right. Other than that, I like the concept of the person all alone in this large area.

Adjust your white balance! I think there's actually a pretty cool image under there, but it has several issues. One is the white balance which looks like it's set for indoor (tungsten?) lighting. Another is the exposure of the far shore, which needs to be brightend a little (and possibly an increase in saturation). I'd also clone ou tthe little tree top lower right. Other than that, I like the concept of the person all alone in this large area.

You are getting into processing tactics I do not use and/or do not have, as well as camera settings adjustments I do not have.

This is an absolute full frame, so I do have some room, to crop to eliminate the grass in the lower corner, But this was rush processed before leaving for work, I did not have the time to calculate an appropriate crop at the time.

You are getting into processing tactics I do not use and/or do not have, as well as camera settings adjustments I do not have.

This is an absolute full frame, so I do have some room, to crop to eliminate the grass in the lower corner, But this was rush processed before leaving for work, I did not have the time to calculate an appropriate crop at the time.

Apologies, I didn't notice the full title of your post. What specific film were you using for this? It almost looks like a tungsten rather than a daylight film. Is this your own processing/printing, or lab done?

Apologies, I didn't notice the full title of your post. What specific film were you using for this? It almost looks like a tungsten rather than a daylight film. Is this your own processing/printing, or lab done?

You are likely right on the tungston based film, I can not get into the tecnical info on it to know for sure because my PDF reader is screwed up. It is Kodak Ultra max 400 that is locally available.

As far as processing, they are standard sendout lab processed, then home scanned

Something is very wrong with the processing.

Something is very wrong with the processing.

Yeah, I am having doubts about the lab that does my film. Granted, My processing software sucks ass and my abilities with it are little better, But something else is wrong.

I have to question the fact that my camera tells me a shot is perfectly exposed in accordance to where my meter is pointed (treeline in this instance) only to get it back and have the negitives underexposed by atleast 2 stops.

I was wondering if there was anything I was doing in the scanner that I had forgotten about, so I reset me scanner settings this morning only to find the blue tint was even worse.

I have got to figure this out, It's beginning to piss me off. I can't tell if it's me screwing things up or some one else.

Very fine line between great saturation and over saturation. Sorry to say but it does look a little on the right side. Do you use Photoshop? If yes, you can stop worrying about the film processing on this one and work with it for this one. It wouldn't take too much time I suppose.

Very fine line between great saturation and over saturation. Sorry to say but it does look a little on the right side. Do you use Photoshop? If yes, you can stop worrying about the film processing on this one and work with it for this one. It wouldn't take too much time I suppose.

I do not have Photoshop, no.

Most reactions

Back