The Florist's Kids

terriwu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Holga 120S, Tri-X 400.
18952351.jpg

I like this shot a lot but need some time to really let is set in for the full effect. One major aspect that stands out is there is way to much sidewalk in the bottom of the picture. This excess tends to pull the eyes to the cold plain and uninteresting cement instead of focusing on the emotion of the two children.

I agree. It would also get rid of what appears to be some vignetting in the lower corners. I would go further and crop just to the right of the dark doorway and just above the white sign. This would greatly simplify the background but still leave the Chinatown feel.

Leave the sidewalk, it's what's drawing the viewers in. The picture just comes at you. Definitely a pictures that says "this one's for you". Awsome stuff..........

The sidewalk does draw my eye away. The normal response is for the eye to go to the light spots of the image. Every time my eye goes to the kids or the shop front, it jumps back to the walk. Cropping out a little of the right and bottom would help that. I would leave the left and top alone.

The vignetting and the fog from the light leaks are part of using a Holga, so they don't bother me. I really like the poses of the kids, 90 degrees to each other.

Nice shot. :D

I really like it just the way it is.

I don't really have any problem with the amount of sidewalk in the foreground, but if it is an issue I think a little burning could solve it. Holgas are not close up cameras, and I see the wide sidewalk as part of their environment: small children in the vast, paved city, etc...

I want to see more.

Most reactions

Back