The Giant

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Nikon Fan, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

Alright last critique post for today I promise :) Again another arch shot.

I was trying to convey the size of the arch without including the whole thing. My focus was really on the guy just starring underneath it standing in the shadow of the other side and gazing up. I converted using a channel mixer layer in PS. Any thoughts and serious critiques would greatly help :)

[​IMG]

2. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Oh, I just commented on that particular one in the photo section. I love it. It gives you a wonderful sense of perspective, perportion, and a feeling of the awe that the man must be feeling.

3. Dave_D

Dave_D TPF Noob!

Great shot. A title on the frame or the image to let us know what we and he are looking at would be my only suggestion. A larger view of this image I'm sure must be excellent.

4. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

Thanks Dave and elsaspet :) I need to make my frame larger to include titles on them. I'll be working on that later this afternoon :) Thanks for the suggestion!!!

5. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Excellent!!! Dare I say decisive moment? I am digging deep for an improvement on the frame, but I having a tough time... The only thing I would say is "I wish he was the only dude in the frame". If this arch is close to where you live... I would stage it.

6. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

Thanks craig...it's about 3 hrs away, we go to St. Louis ocassionaly, but not usually to the arch...it maybe near impossible to catch just one person there...it's always crazy crowded, but I really like the idea of it :)