The Girl in a Purple Dress

[Dillz];1724564 said:
Can I ask what lens you used for these?

I wanted a Wider view for this shoot so I mostly used the 24-70 2.8 shooting mostly above f10. This was with an FF body btw.
Wow that looks good. did you get that soft look in post or the lens?

[Dillz];1725331 said:
Wow that looks good. did you get that soft look in post or the lens?

The creamy look is done in camera and post. In camera all you need to do is overexpose the skin tones a little bit and it will blow out most of the blemishes(takes some trial and error to get it right because you don't want have your background brighter then your subject - then it get's tricky). The rest is done in post..

Thanks for the comments everyone.

You, sir, know your lighting!

Sorry must've missed your comment earlier. I'm no expert in lighting but it's amazing how one flash can do wonders :D which is all I used for this shoot.

nice shots.. but i feel thats more of a violate or pink not really purple.. but u shoulda made her hold some purple drink.. that woulda been great.. lmfao

Yes, this dress very tricky to the eye especially in different angles of light. And I'm a guy so that might also tell you something about color blindness :lol:

camz, did you use any light modifiers (umbrella, basic diffuser, etc.) or was it shot naked? (the flash, that is ;))

A softbox for #3 and a snooty snoot for #4. The rest is naked bare flash ;)

Here's a couple more that I just edited to share. Sorry guys/glas I don't get to edit a whole job in one sitting and post them all at the same time.

6 (Here's a perfect example of blowing out the skin by a bit of overexposure to eliminate blemishes. She actually has some moles on her left arm that didn't show on this one. I didn't do any heal brush or skin blur whatsoever. This is all on camera blow out. Performed some colour management and that's about it..)

4009824479_f8f5df0ce9_o.jpg

7 This one completely killed the ambient (softbox to her upper left)

4010591212_9198fb4b5f_o.jpg

Ok finally done with this series. This is the last one that came out which I'm really proud off. To me exposure combined with the flash was just right to make her face almost looked like it was airbrushed but really all I did was colour management and my very own slight mix of an orton(didn't airbrush anything). A snoot on this one and I really had to crop the original frame b/c there was just too much negative space going. I wanted to include the rusty screw heads on the right and when I straightened it...just didn't vibe with me so I left it as is.

Happy shooting =)

4102996225_f79102ea8a_o.jpg

Camz I used a softbox on my new shoot (of a band) and I was wondering if you would take a look?
its called Eyes Set To Kill under general galleries.

[Dillz];1753253 said:
Camz I used a softbox on my new shoot (of a band) and I was wondering if you would take a look?
its called Eyes Set To Kill under general galleries.

Hey I dropped you a line on your thread.

What's a "snooty snoot"? I can't anything about it anywhere.

:lol: Sorry for the confusion man. I meant a "Snoot", it's a light modifier that focuses the beam of light from the flash according the opening's diameter. You can pretty much use a toilet paper tube if you wanted as a snoot. In the years that I've owned it mine rarely gets any use.

Hey how did the wedding you covered go?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back