The Golden Gate

Retnyap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Do you think the highlights need toning down before I get a print????:hail:

GoldenGate.jpg

You tricked me!!!! I thought i was going to see a bridge. Can you explain to me what it is i'm looking at?

Obliged, You are looking at a sleuce gate which would allow water from one lake/reservoir into another. The shot was taken early morning with bright sunlight directly onto the subject matter. It was my intention to attract viewers with the most famous bridge in the world:-0

Who is doing the printing? If it's over the internet, yes, I would tone down those highlights to make sure they didn't blow them out. :) Or are you using someone local where you can show them what you want?

I like this image, but it might be challenging to get someone to print it the way it presents here.

I'd love it as is, however I have used pixaco recently and generally the quality is pretty good. A trip to town then you reckon. Tx again......

Retnyap said:
I'd love it as is, however I have used pixaco recently and generally the quality is pretty good. A trip to town then you reckon. Tx again......
That's what I'd rather do. Those golden tones need to be done "just so". If it were mine I'd feel better speaking face to face with someone. I'd like a paper choice, too. A satin finish would look so elegant here. :thumbup:

I like how you called this one. Not only in order to attrackt more viewers to your post here, but also in general because in that light it is just what you are calling it: a golden gate. Very special light and a photo to be cherished! I hope you'll get the best possible print of it!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back