"The Golden Girl"

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yes, I know, I only finance my hobby with a bit of selling my dance rehearsal pics, so actually my photo is not meant to be here, but ... here it is:

goldmarie.jpg

"The Golden Girl" from the "Mother Holle"-interpretation of the dance school for who I recently took rehearsal pics - for the first time working with my brandnew Speedlite (still feeling UTTERLY unsecure about its use and all).

This photo was no portrait session FOR ME.
She was "acting" and "in her role" and I - as always - had to make do with what I had (pose-wise).

It is framed a bit tightly above her head (this being the out-of-camera crop). Is it too bad?

Nice work. If I were this childs mother/father, which I am far too young to be, I would buy this. Love it!

Thanks, "Clark" :D
And I think at 16 (which I think she is), they prefer to be called "young woman", not child. (My 14-year-old daughter keeps claiming she is "no longer a child" - usually along with stomping her foot, and if inwardly ;)).

Lafoto, do not sell yourself short, this does belong here! This is a nice portrait. Skin tones are good, eyes sharp and the tight crop works very well.

Corinna.. I agree with Heip. This is Lovely. She has a relaxed pose to her. I like the tight crop. Very Nice.

Thank you. I only dare to post this one photo of the session, since the bigger girls were very relaxed and ok with release the last time I was there to photograph, while I am too shy to "just go and post" photos of the younger dancers without release. Some of those are soooo cute!

And hey, heip, that skin tone is an effect of my using the Speedlite for the first time (bouncing it off the fairly low, very white <- good!!! :D) ceiling. The fluourescent lights that were on and also shining down from that very ceiling often added a nasty, yellowish-green tint to my pics.

And hey, heip, that skin tone is an effect of my using the Speedlite for the first time (bouncing it off the fairly low, very white <- good!!! :D) ceiling. The fluourescent lights that were on and also shining down from that very ceiling often added a nasty, yellowish-green tint to my pics.[/QUOTE]

Try increasing the intensity of the flash to overpower the ambient (green) light.
Also, put a white card behind your flash. You can attach it with an elastic. That will kick some light forward into the eyes for catchlights.

There is a little white card in it that I had pulled out for the catchlights. And you see them nicely in some of the close-ups which I still must not show (until I -hopefully- get release for them). But some who sat right underneath one of the ceiling lights have a peculiarly yellow hair-colour now. Hmph... But well, these were not taken in a studio and not taken AS portraits... so. ;)

Right. Here we go.
LaFoto actively goes out bumping her own submissions.
Openly - and saying so.

I'm sooooooooo wanting some color in the background. I would smooth the skin on her forehead and get rid of that blemish. Pretty "young woman"! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back