The grand plan, am I crazy???

coastietech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I am going to be re-elisting and with that will come a large bonus. So I thought I would treat my self to some new equipment. This is my plan. I plan on selling my 70-300mm VR and selling my 18-55mm kit lens. This will leave me with the Sigma 28-300mm that I really don't use, and the 50mm f1.8 that I use in low light. I will be replacing the 70-300m VR with the Sigma Bigma for bright day shooting and the 80-200mm f2.8 for indoor and low light shooting. I will also be replacing the 18-55mm kit lens with a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 lens. So am I going in the right direction with this? Do you have any other suggestions the would be comparable to what I plan on buying? I was also thinking about getting the 70-200mm f2.8 with a 2x teleconvertor instead of the Bigma and the 80-200mm but then I lose the extra 100mm on the long end. What are your opinions on this?

I have no idea about the lenses, but be careful if you do reup and god be with you.
I appreciate the kind thoughts. I am in the Coast Guard we don't ground pound. ;) I did my ground pounding and my tour in the desert while in the Army. That's the reason I switched branches. :grin:

Advice.....take the bonus and invest for tomorrow.

God speed, my friend.
I assure you that it is enough of a bonus that this won't make to much of a dent and it will still leave me with a very nice down payment on a house.

The only thing i might suggest it why not just get the 70-200 2.8 VR lens instead of the 80-200. As far as the rest goes lenses are a personal decision made by what you shoot. I looked at a review of the "Sigma Bigma" and was not too impressed though.

Thank you for your response. I guess my question is more should I get the 50-500mm and the 80-200mm for the length and the speed or should I get the 70-200mm VR and a 2x teleconverter for the length and the speed. I don't mind spending 2K on the two lenses or $1600 for the one lens and teleconverter my main concern is IQ and having a fast lens from ~70-200mm and a 400mm or longer lens which I don't mind being slower. Or are there any other solutions that are in that budget and answer allmy concerns?

I would get the 70-200mm and crop! If you use a teleconverter you are going to need a really good tripod. If you use the tripod you will be able to crop for most things anyway. You rolls the dice...

mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back