The Great Aussie Meetup 2005!

Where should the aussie meetup be?

• Total voters
I was just thinking...What sort of time are we planning for this meet? Is it a weekend? A few days? A week??? This needs to be considered too.
Me, i'm happy to go for any length up to a week.
Might as well get the ball rolling with a suggestion...

SE QLD Hinterland. Inland from the Gold Coast but with heaps of Nat. Parks, little Art and Craft type towns, Driving distance to the coast for some "Vonn" beachy shots :)

Gold Coast hinterland would probably be fairly good too...

You also have to think of the cost of accomodation...

Would we be camping? How available are camping grounds in each of the places?

But as I said - I don't really mind where we go!

(And hopefully by then - i'll be able to drive - so I might be able to help with the transport... Also - Australia has a fair bit of public transport... So you might not need hire cars)

Depending on numbers, hire cars could be a fairly minimal cost anyway once you split the cost.
I'm up for camping (love roughing it), backpacking (love the communal thing), 5 star (gotta love room service)
If you can't tell i'm very very easy to please.

luckydog said:
Depending on numbers, hire cars could be a fairly minimal cost anyway once you split the cost.
I'm up for camping (love roughing it), backpacking (love the communal thing), 5 star (gotta love room service)
If you can't tell i'm very very easy to please.

How bout getting a Britz campervan during their off season? That would be kinda fun! I can get some info on this if you like me to :) If we split the costs, it should be reasonable.

So far i have us at anywhere between 4 and 9 people. Of course that depends on....
1. The Canadian Govt. Visa Dept (Lumi)
2. Orie and Terri getting sponsors for the trip down.
3. Karalee getting home in time.
4. Floyd being allowed out of Tasmania by the Border Security force. Got to keep the illegals off of the mainland ;)

Then we are left with Manda, Fadingaway, Vonn and yours truly.

A DINGO TOOK MY BABY! A DINGO TOOK MY BABY!!

Oops soz. I been off doing a few family things. I'd love an excuse to get the hell outa Qld for a while. Am going to Kiwiland early next year. I vote Melbourne - we can all stay at Lumi's while she is away. Awesome.

Edit: damn you all - I got guilty and voted Qld. I can even put 2 people up if you like. 3 if one roughs it on the fold out bed.

(and no - you may not sleep in my luxury queen bed with me and the missus so don't even ask.)

hahahhaha, good to hear from ya Ducky. Well what do you and the missus think of a road trip somewhere in QLD?

oh and keep me posted when ya come to NZ ;)

- oh and luckydog, is that bikini model still available for a road trip? ;)

vonnagy said:
hahahhaha, good to hear from ya Ducky. Well what do you and the missus think of a road trip somewhere in QLD?

oh and keep me posted when ya come to NZ ;)

- oh and luckydog, is that bikini model still available for a road trip? ;)

So whose gonna stop by my house and pick me up before the trip??

Get in line, chica. :wink: Orie is first on the bum-a-ride list, then me. As it is I still have no pm's on a trip sponsor, so I am feeling very gloomy about this trip. A pity, cause I'd be so much fun. :mrgreen:

terri said:

Get in line, chica. :wink: Orie is first on the bum-a-ride list, then me. As it is I still have no pm's on a trip sponsor, so I am feeling very gloomy about this trip. A pity, cause I'd be so much fun. :mrgreen:

Heh heh...yeah, I know...I just had to state my envy!

Most reactions

Back