Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p1012508335-5.jpg

Lovely composition. The decision to go all B&W on us with this one is especially effective b/c that emphasizes lines and form.

This is probably one of the most beautiful pictures I have seen from you.

Really really stunning.

Great composition, interesting, thought prevoking. Good job. Lew.

Nice timing and good 'seeing' as well.

Beautiful work Lew, love this!

Nominated for potm!

Very nice Lew

not square in frame. might be a tad unlevel. Like the dof. Lacks subject all I see is a door casing. Excellent processing for bw I wish I could pull off perfect shadowing. Good photo. Not so sure it is more than a good photo though. Trying to figure out why others think it might be?

Last edited:
bribus... because it has a lot of implied emotion, and interestingly I don't even think the emotion I get from it is really what was felt by the scene. Because it is captured extremely well. Because it is framed really well. Because it takes advantage of every element in the frame, and every element in the frame contributes to the image. Worrying about it being a bit off-level (and I'm not saying it is) is focusing on technical elements that mean basically nothing within the context of an image this well captured.

I've been on here for twelve years. I see a lot of stuff posted here. This image stands out to me as one of the best.

bribus... because it has a lot of implied emotion, and interestingly I don't even think the emotion I get from it is really what was felt by the scene. Because it is captured extremely well. Because it is framed really well. Because it takes advantage of every element in the frame, and every element in the frame contributes to the image. Worrying about it being a bit off-level (and I'm not saying it is) is focusing on technical elements that mean basically nothing within the context of an image this well captured.

I've been on here for twelve years. I see a lot of stuff posted here. This image stands out to me as one of the best.
i don't see any emotion. captured well. nice photo, agreed. context of image, i don't get one. No fast movements, doesn't appear real low light. i cant imagine it was hard to take. i think he did most of it in processing. I like the photo, but he has had others i like more. i like a few other photos better than this circulating on tpf now. If i saw this hung up somewhere, i would look at it about two seconds, think okay, pictured well. not very artistic, kind of boring. its a doorway. two seconds and move on. i spend more time looking at tunas the photographer photo, well except for coming back to this one trying to figure if i was missing something....
i like it, but i like it if i saw it in a gallery about two seconds and step along. which is why im trying to figure out if there is something harder about this photo or something im not seeing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back