The Holy Qur'an

3bood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fluidr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone. This is my very first post here in this forum and i thought i should start it off with a photo that best suits the fasting month of Ramadan here in Malaysia.
A small FYI: Muslims are encouraged to finish reading the Qur'an within the fasting month. Reading one part a day is encouraged, seeing how the book has 30 parts and the month consists of 30 days.

4923232732_80cd6d6a74_b.jpg

I hope you guys like the photo and, considering how huge this forum is, i hope i get a chance to learn a thing or two from the members here.

Comments or critiques on the photo are welcome.
Cheers.

beautiful cover. great reflection below too.
i think my only gripe, is that the colors of the background seem to match those of the book itself. i would almost like to see it separate from it's surroundings more. really pop it off the page...but then i look again, and i enjoy the overall tonality of the image. hmmmmm i cant decide :D

welcome to the forums!

Welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I, too, like how you made the gold of the cover shine and even reflect in the surface of the table.
Please tell me again the name of the festive day on 9 September (this year) that ends Ramadan, I keep forgetting...

Thanks for the comments guys.
LaFoto: The day is called 'Eid Al Fitr' and is generally celebrated for three days in most Muslim countries. I've never had the chance to do it before, but i'm hoping to take some photos of the festivities here in Malaysia this year.

Thanks again for the comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back