The influence of the polaroid crew.

oriecat said:
Yeah, I've done a couple transfers too. It's not that I'm unhappy with them, I think it's just not really me. I don't like most of my old slides and I have no desire to shoot new ones... except if I was to try Scala... which I suppose could be the answer here... ;)
bwahahahaha!!!! Always new things to try, girlie. That's the power of the Polaroid. :twisted:

And Scala rocks, btw. Go for it!! :thumbup:

sillyphaunt said:
Scala?

Oh I was going to ask a question about slides, when you get them developed, do they come in the little cardboard squares or do you put them in there yourself? :lol:
Scala - B&W slide film. ;) It's awesome stuff. There are about 3 places in the country that develop it - I used a place in NYC that did an excellent job. It's a kick to be able to do B&W lifts and transfers. You can play with filters and either warm or cool your image, depending on the effect you're after.

And the price of E6 processing inclues the cardboard mounts. :mrgreen:

Oh good, Thanks!

I did see in my book her talking about doing Lifts and Transfers with B/W negatives... of course they come out reversed, but it looked pretty neat!

terri said:
If I could influence Miss Oriecat at all, I would whisk away all her self-doubt with her lifts. ;) She is always sooooo hard on herself.
Yeah, she's always a bit of a pain in the arse when it comes to telling her she's good isn't she? One day she'll believe us.

I love when we pull more people to the instamatic side. :mrgreen:

Now that I say that....it's funny how we've all taken something that was designed to be instant photography and turned it into something that we spend hours on end messing with to make it better....and more expensive. Gosh I love it. :D

And to think they wanted to hide all of this when they first discovered what you cold do. Now they can't stop telling us about it.

ferny said:
And to think they wanted to hide all of this when they first discovered what you cold do. Now they can't stop telling us about it.
They wanted to hide it when they were a strong and solvent company, and Dr. Land detested what was being done with his formulas. ;) It's a new age now, baby - and Marketing 101 comes in ever so handy. :lol:

That may sound cynical, but it's reality. And I adore Polaroid and am thrilled the company is still around, in whatever form it must take to exist. :heart:

hobbes28 said:
I love when we pull more people to the instamatic side. :mrgreen:

Now that I say that....it's funny how we've all taken something that was designed to be instant photography and turned it into something that we spend hours on end messing with to make it better....and more expensive. Gosh I love it. :D
Don't forget it has a lofty new title, as well. It's not "instant photography" anymore - that's gone digital. It's now an "alternative photographic process". That makes it worth all the big bucks, and the time you spend manipulating it. ;) It's a crossover art form, bay-bay! :hail:

Most reactions

Back