The inside of my mind.

Azuth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
gears1_800.jpg

I often take pictures and then can't decide if I like it or not. Or not so much my liking it, as my thinking is it any good? As someone said in another thread "it's just a thing". Sometimes I like just things. Ah well, eviscerate me forum style please people.

I like it, it has a nice compo, cool colors and it's just sharp enough... though I can't tell wether it's just a thing or more than that. Depends of what it means for you and of what you think about it. But it certainly is a good shot :thumbup:

If you can't decide whether or not you like one of your own pictures then it is because you haven't figured out what it is you were trying to do.
If you have some idea why you have taken a pic then you can figure out if it does what you want and hence whether it works or not.
If you don't know why you took it or what you were trying to do then you have nothing to gauge it's success or failure by and so you don't know how to feel about it.
Ten minutes thought is worth 100 photographs.

Great shot ! I like it.. Have you tried this in sepia tone?? It will more then likely leave the redish color of the rust... Try it and let us know!

Hertz van Rental said:
If you can't decide whether or not you like one of your own pictures then it is because you haven't figured out what it is you were trying to do.
If you have some idea why you have taken a pic then you can figure out if it does what you want and hence whether it works or not.
If you don't know why you took it or what you were trying to do then you have nothing to gauge it's success or failure by and so you don't know how to feel about it.
Ten minutes thought is worth 100 photographs.

Agreed. However, still hold on to the ones you're not sure about. Maybe it would work in a diptych, which could help to give the image more meaning in relation to something else.

It might be lacking a certain something (though I don't know exactly what), but I can understand why it drew you to it. It's probably a subject that, as Hertz said, you have to think about first. It might require a revisit.
Oh, and I have a friend that mostly shoots "just things" like this. She's really good and well repected here. Wish she had some images on the 'Net.

Great shot, I want to see it also in sepia tone. I think it will add more drama in sepia tone.

Great shot. Thanks for sharing
MJ

gears1_800_sepia.jpg

For someone who wanted to see a sepia. (Really gonna have to read a good PS sepia tutorial). Both images are OTE.

I like the black and white better.

Most reactions

Back