The Why Not Guy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
0106eos30a.jpg

ISO 100
Exposure 1/30
Aperture 5.6
Flash: On

What a fun picture. How old is THIS toy then????
What other light source did you use here, apart from the flash? Or was it not the on-camera flash you had on - but if so, where does the shadow on the backdrop come from?
Do you also have a horizontal pic version of this?

Hi, and thanks for your kind words. The shadow on the wall is from a small lamp off to the side, with the shade removed. The ceiling light was on too, but the flash seems to have washed out that shadow.

The toy is from when I was a kid which makes it about forty years old. If it was a hand-me-down it's even older. I'll try to post some horizontal shots later (I shot about 70 but only a couple turned out ok. I'm still learning!).

But learning quite well, I must say, which is shown by your deliberate inclusion of other light sources. Not bad :D. I like it. And the backdrop is nice - blue ... going with a boy's toy ;) .

Wow, I had one of those when I was a kid.
Thanks for the flashback....

This is a great place to learn. Post and ask away and I guarantee people will line up to help. I know I don't really take advantage of all the knowledge here. (Sorry... can't help it... I'm a teacher.... learning lectures just spill out sometimes :biggrin:)

I think this is a fun subject and I think the blue background plays well off the bright colors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back