The joys of ordering online...

Arch

Damn You!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
yea, my fault really... i want to get the best price so i 'shop around' the internet, which is great when it goes well.

The main problem i have is the waiting peroid... you know, you've ordered, can't wait to get it... you get all the cute little emails telling you when your delivery is due and what and when things have been processed. But all you really want to know is how soon you can start using it!

I am planning a trip this weekend coming to the most beautiful area of England, the lake district... iv wanted to go there for sooo long... so i think now is the time to finally order the sigma 10-20mm... so bam, wednesday just gone i order the little puppy for a good price from a british website... but the shop dont have any 77mm polerizers in stock. So i order that from an online shop based in Germany.

I get the emails... both on thier way.. Polerizer with DHL... Lens with FedEx... now i NEED both these things before i leave on Saturday so i left enough time. or so i thought.

Get the Polerizer yesterday... open it up... looks ok in its little case... open that up... Polerizer falls out in around 6 different pieces. :er:

So.. ok.. i email the German company and tell them i need another sent ASAP... so far no reply.

Well, at least all is well with the lens right... i had been using the FedEx tracking page... tells you exactly where it is at all times... here's what mine said...

Apr 10, 2008 - Left origin - TSUEN WAN HK (So they buy it from Hong Kong i can live with that)

Apr 11, 2008 - Departed FedEx location - PARIS FR (it got to France quicky... good good...)

Apr 12, 2008 - At dest sort facility - STANSTED GB (Sweet.. its in England... i should get it tomorow!!!!)

Now.... as today is Sunday and it was in England yesterday im thinking it isn't going to move anywhere today right?... i'll just get it sometime tomorow...

I just thought id check what it said this sunday evening anyways....

Apr 13, 2008 - Arrived at FedEx location - MEMPHIS, TN

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......... MEMPHIS TENNESSEE!!! :banghead:

Memphis?!?!?!? What the crap??? lol

My husband just told me that everything goes through Memphis...because thats its distribution center. Even something like that. I just checked my last 2 packages I received and they both went through Memphis also...so...ya Hopefully you will still get it by Tuesday or so!

Ok...I just googled it and not EVERYTHING goes through Memphis, but its one of their main hubs...and everything has to go through one of those hubs...so I guess they just decided to take the LONG way? :p

It goes through Memphis even if im in England and the package was also in England?!!... i mean, it was only a few hundered mile journey to my house, now its a few thousand miles away again!

Damn, this lens has seen more of the world than i have!

:biglaugh: That is so ridiculous that it's kinda funny!

I do hope that you get both the lens and an intact filter before your trip!

It goes through Memphis even if im in England and the package was also in England?!!... i mean, it was only a few hundered mile journey to my house, now its a few thousand miles away again!

Damn, this lens has seen more of the world than i have!

yeah, doesnt make sense to me either. At least its all by air!

Memphis is the US hub, but I would have thought there is a European hub as well. Too bad Arch.

Hopefully the lens won't meet up with Wilson.

Remember the film Castaway? :lol:

That must be a strange situation regarding customs charges.

Not quite as bad as your situation, but I ordered a new computer. Shipped from San Fransisco, California. Weighed 62 lbs. Then it wound up in Memphis, Tennessee, and the listed weight was 57 lbs. Then it finally made it to me in Colorado. So it took an extra 3000-mile (or so) trip ... and in a day and age when airlines are complaining about fuel prices and hemorrhaging money.

Memphis is the US hub, but I would have thought there is a European hub as well. Too bad Arch.

Hopefully the lens won't meet up with Wilson.

Remember the film Castaway? :lol:

LOL.. if it goes the same way as Wilson i'll get it in about 4 years!

I love that film... and its strange whenever i see the FedEx logo im reminded of Tom Hanks!

Well Arch you should of just sent me a PM and I'd of sent you one at almost cost price

ooooh update....So this is the latest...

Apr 14, 2008 - At local FedEx facility - SOUTHERN SORT GB

YAY... so basically, instead of it being sent from the north of England to the south... it goes Via America... :shock:

The european Hub was when it was in Paris.... so maybe they just have to keep the package moving untill a van driver can take it (which they couldn't on a Sunday which is why it went back on a plane).... but still... it HAS seen more of the world than me... albeit the inside of a FedEx aircraft!

Well Arch you should of just sent me a PM and I'd of sent you one at almost cost price

*Falls on hands and Knees*

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!1111 .......Why have the Gods forsaken me!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back