The kiss! C&C

I think a vertical would have worked better here.

^^^ Yes.

Something is off about the composition but I'm not sure what it is. Could be the angle as mentioned above.

There are a couple of issues that I see with this picture. (1) The couple is over-exposed, due mainly to the bright sky behind them. This is one of those tricky, and all to common wedding situations. The best way to deal with this IMO, would have been to spot-meter the man's face and perhaps bracket 1/3 on either side. (2) The composition is slightly awkward, and even though the image is vertical, the way the bride is leaning forward tends to make appear slightly skewed. I would suggest that this image could have been made much stronger by moving around to camera right a bit to include some of the Groom's face as well as a vertical (portrait) orientation.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~JOhn

Yeah. The only thing I compile is the bride. The husband is in the shot, but not in the subject...
If only what I said 'll make sense for someone...

Craaaaap. I just realized that I copied the wrong link and posted the wrong one. Here is the one I meant to post. The critique might remain the same to an extent however.

For the record, I was not the primary photographer and this was pretty much the best angle I could get. Wish I could have moved over more, but that's where the pro was standing. Oh well!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back