Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_5779.jpg

IMG_5777.jpg

IMG_5787.jpg

Not the usual "Oh,-what-a-lovely-sight"-lake-photos! Ugh.
These have more of a photojournalistic quality to them.

Not the usual "Oh,-what-a-lovely-sight"-lake-photos! Ugh.
These have more of a photojournalistic quality to them.

Thanks
A photojournalistic quality is exactly what I was going for. Sure, I could frame the picture to hide the nasty bits. But the nasty bits have a story to tell...

Thrum, the first shot is too snapshot-ish, looks like you accidentilly took it while tooling with the camera.

Something that might help is sepia or black and white... for photojounralistic pics, the color can sometime mask what you're trying to say.

Also, I would've tried to get a lower eyeline on the first, maybe focus in on a specific piece of trash.

looks like you accidentilly took it while tooling with the camera.
:meh:
That was actually a carefully composed shot with leading lines and the golden mean thought of...
golden-mean.gif

I don't mind if you don't like it. It is not beautiful, but was not supposed to be.

*face still stinging from slap*

I don't see a point of focus in #1 or #2...and #2 just seems really out of focus/shaky? I think b&w and cropping out the two pointy reflections at the bottom of the frame might help(?)

I'm a fan of graffiti shots...so I think #3 is my favorite based solely on subject matter...though it feels like the frame is too tight...and the tree limb is pretty distracting.

Cheers!

Sorry but I agree, the comp looks off in all of them to me. Definately photojournalistic-y though.

I don't see a point of focus in #1 or #2...and #2 just seems really out of focus/shaky? I think b&w and cropping out the two pointy reflections at the bottom of the frame might help(?)

I'm a fan of graffiti shots...so I think #3 is my favorite based solely on subject matter...though it feels like the frame is too tight...and the tree limb is pretty distracting.

Cheers!

I see what you are talking about regarding OOF. I inspected them at 8mp while adjusting levels and they had very crisp focus. I must have screwed them up somehow when I resized them...

Yes the frame was too tight on the graffiti. I would really like a 10mm lens for my birthday if anyone is looking for gift ideas.

Thanks

These are photojournalistic photos and would work well for that. IMO #1 needs the left cropped off, too much dead space

Most reactions

Back