The last one shut down

kcbrecks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Up until today I have been a member of PhotographyBB forum which is shutting down tomorrow. One of the guys I used to chat with suggested this forum so I popped in to have a look.

I have been using a variety of cameras over the years, mostly as an aid for work, leaving the holiday snaps to my wife. As buyer for a construction company I had to explore and get digital cameras for site use and as it fitted into my other speciality as IT manager and software developer I was able to try it out and find to beauty of indiscriminate snapping at no cost to be a wonderful way of learning.

The first digital I bought was a Sony Mavica which I think cost about £750 in 1999. It used floppy disks for storage and was extremely useful for before and after records of renovations - defused loads of arguments.

My own first digital was a Kodak 1mp compact with a 3 times zoom. Lovely little piece of kit which sadly stopped working when we fell into the sea together. That was followed by a Minolta 2Mp and the less said about that the better. Then I had a Kodak DX6490, 4Mp 10x zoom which I used for about 30,000 images and still have.

DSLR was a Canon EOS 1000D about 4 years ago which got brand new complete with 2 lenses for £120 in a closing down sale, then a 40D bought second hand. I have a Plastic Fantastic, Nifty Fifty prime lens which I hardly ever use.

I do have an Olympus OM10 with a couple of lenses which I have never used, perhaps next summer.

My main interest is Landscape and Townscape plus the Forth Bridges. (Son lives in Edinburgh so I have been there many times over the past few years.)

Welcome aboard, from near Washington, DC. I used to code with COBOL, playing with Python now in conjunction with Geospatial Information.

As a real dinosaur I used, and still do, Delphi. Most of my programs were for data management which made my working life easier. I also wrote a digital image management package for my pictures which I and my daughter still use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back