The Light..

robinchun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.robinchun.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Early last year I participated in a street workshop run by Kevin Mullins (a Fuji x photographer and one I admire and take inspiration from) whose mantra is 'it's about the moment and the light'.. practicing that I made this image of my wife, I like how the low evening light strikes her.. your comments welcome

The Light by Robin Chun, on Flickr

Robin

Hi Robin, Welcome to the forum. The light in her hair is interesting but the pose is not complimentary to your wife at all. I personally would say that this may have been the light but it wasn't the moment. My wife is also my main model and "of a certain age." Do you notice how this pose/angle makes her shoulders look huge? And how bad her neck looks (you've given her a double chin)? Also harsh direct sunlight is rarely good for any model but more so for mature models.

I see you only joined this forum on Sunday, stick around! Look at what others do, read the comments and learn from everyone's mistakes (we all make them!!). Submit your work for critique (some of it may be harsh) and take it from there. :)

P.S. I see you have some decent images in your portfolio but people photography is a different genre and needs different skill sets.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back