The Lighthouse

the_beginner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went for a walk on lunch by the river today with the camera and came away with this. It'll look better in fall when the sun's coming up, but it doesn't look too bad in winter either IMHO.

Lighthouse.jpg

I like it. Nice and simple. pieceful.

Do you mind if I use it as a background for my computer?

Here's the black and white version. It does look pretty good this way, thanks for the input!

LighthouseBW.jpg

Much prefer the black and white. I bet this scene would look great with some rolling mist. Does that lighthouse actually work?

i like the b&w version but i think it still needs a little boost in constast.

I'm not sure if the light works or not, it's in a park that closes at dusk and I've not been there that late. I'm going to have to check into that. This is definitely a place I'll be photographing again durring different conditions. It's the place that made me want to buy a camera and learn how to capture it right in the first place. When the sun goes down in fall, the view is spectacular.

I'm not very skilled in the PS/PSP arena, would upping the contrast eliminate the haze/fog/gloom that was actually in the air?

Upping the contrast would just bring out some of the key details, I played around a little and darkened it a bit too. It certainly becomes a very striking picture. Takes the soft edge away from it a bit, but I have to say I like that about this shot.

the_beginner said:
I'm not very skilled in the PS/PSP arena, would upping the contrast eliminate the haze/fog/gloom that was actually in the air?

I was not skilled at all in PSP, and thought of it as cheating(before I joined here). I would suggest playing around with editing software. Learn how to use them, thats why they are there. ;) One can improve photos without making them look cheap. IMO, you can help bring out "what you saw" when taking the photo. I did have a little go at your photo and can post the pic and what I did, if you like. You may like it, you may not.

Please dont take any of this the wrong way, I love the first photo.

JonMikal said:
i like the b&w version but i think it still needs a little boost in constast.

Don't overdo it, it just needs a little bit. For most digital images a little enhancing is necessary due to digital being inferior to film for contrast and colour. Good picture by the way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back