The Lightroom Issue RESOLVED!! =)

Reaction score
Website
www.ikandiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
K.. so after spending more than 2 hours on the phone with Adobe yesterday with no help, I called my Dad who had the answer to my issue!
He told me to right click on my desktop, go to properties, settings, advanced & color management. I only had one color profile associated with my computer and he said he had several on his computer. So i added all that I could and tried different ones. I noticed LR has 3 choices, Prophoto, SRGB and AdobeRGB. I tried each one in my desktop properties matched up with the one in LR and the one that FINALLY CORRECTED MY ISSUES was changing LR to SRGB and then changing my properties color mgt to SRGB. Everything is GREAT now! I know everyone says to use LR in prophoto, but that doesnt make my color accurate, so Im happy to have this issue resolved. I guess if anyone ever has this issues (which according to Adobe, I am the only one that has ever called with this problem) here is the answer. Thanks for everyone's attempt to help me ! I can now use LR! :D

Good for you. That's quite a catch by your dad.

I've never been able to come to speaking terms with that program...I know everyone swears by it, and i see that has potential, but it just doesn't work for me, for some reason. Everything seems to take three times as much time as when go i through my usual workflow.

This was the last thing I asked you about.

For future reference, what you changed there was the monitor profile. This should almost always be sRGB in windows unless you have a calibration unit.

The Lightroom profile as I mentioned earlier is unrelated. That is your exported working profile. Photoshop will happily work in every working profile it gets, but in this case it's good too that it's set to sRGB, since most applications do not understand colour profile and will simply assume everything is sRGB.

Good to hear you had it resolved.

This was the last thing I asked you about.

For future reference, what you changed there was the monitor profile. This should almost always be sRGB in windows unless you have a calibration unit.

The Lightroom profile as I mentioned earlier is unrelated. That is your exported working profile. Photoshop will happily work in every working profile it gets, but in this case it's good too that it's set to sRGB, since most applications do not understand colour profile and will simply assume everything is sRGB.

Good to hear you had it resolved.

Oh, i didnt realize that is what you meant when u were explaining that. Thanks so much for your help! It was much appreciated!

See? SEE? This is why I don't like Windows. Too many settings buried in sub-menus that don't make sense. :lol:

Most reactions

Back