Ripnowell45

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think guys?
DSC_0501.jpg

Edit... Pic changed

ha, i thought those were on sand at first. well, i dont have much bad to say, so i'll just say you have nice contrast form the sails to the sky

Color, exposure, focus, dof are all nice but crop is awkward.
Too narrow and tight to the boats and strange proportions.

I actually think the crop isn't too bad - it's a bit tight but IMO not awkward.

Rip - I noticed you're ok with others editing your shots - so i took the liberty of running it through photoshop.
I thought it was a bit overexposed and had a look at the levels on the histogram. PS said it was ok but i still reckoned it was a bit bright. So all i did was adjust the levels by sliding the main centre control a bit to reduce the brightness.
DSC_0501.jpg

I think it's been over polarized a bit and it's more obvious with the brightness turned down a bit. The brightness down a bit shows the ribs in the sails a bit more clearly and doesn't make the sail seem as overexposed.

feel free to have a go at my adjustment even though it's only very slight.

Nice photo. If I were to make any change at all I might have cropped a little less off the left side. I like it overall.

Darich thanks for the edit I see what you are saying now. I will play around with it when I get home I cant tell on my work monitor.

Icon it actually isnt cropped I couldnt get back much more because there was an area that is thin ice because of the tide rising and falling. I didnt really want to get wet for this shot lol.

Understood. In that case, I like it and wouldn't change a thing. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back