The little Red School House

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Carroll1, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Carroll1

Carroll1 TPF Noob!

Here is a series on shots I took of an old school house at the Minden Museum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and of course some colour and texture :)

[​IMG]

2. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My fave is the first one...the tilt shot. I have such difficulty getting good tilt shots myself. The juxtaposition of the strong red and white colours against the deep blue sky is very striking. Nice series.

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Like Jeanne, also I am still struggling quite a bit with deliberate tilts in my photos, I seem to be more the "straightforward" person (maybe because it took me ages to get my photos in line with the frame or horizon, I produced veritable "earth quake pictures" for years!), which is why I appreciate the clear lines and shapes in the second photo more, along with the very clear colours of just sky-blue and schoolhouse-red with the white lines around roofs and door. I really like that one very, very much!

And I like the close-up and clear texture of the last!

4. megapaws

megapaws TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Great series Jenn. The first is my fave as well. Much like LaFoto, I'm a straight shooter too. Partly due to bad horizons when I first started taking pictures (didn't know any better) and partly due to forgetting that you can make things look different by simply tilting the camera. Great eye!

5. jacull

jacull TPF Noob!

Carroll, these are great. First is my favorite as well. Nice color, composition and exposure.

6. Chiller

Chiller Mental case

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Cool shootin Jenn. Lovin the contrast with the blue sky and the red. Nicely captured.

7. Carroll1

Carroll1 TPF Noob!

Thanks so much everyone for the comments. The tilted shot is my favourite too :)

I was a straight shooter for the longest time and I just didn't like how things were turning out..nice shots but nothing special. So I started tilting and I love the effect it has on the composition. Haven't looked back since ;)