The local PPA chapter...

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is why I don't get involved. Maybe I'm just snooty (pun intended).

0e4f0fdf476316d675e4df0e14c7b83c.jpg

The top two photos are almost scary looking... I didn't realize that Corel Painter was still around, I thought it kinda disappeared a few years ago.

I think I don't understand.

Is the flyer intended to show the "before" photos that someone will demonstrate how to fix in Corel?

Or are these examples of "after"?

So..."real" photographers have to set themselves apart by offering hack job faux paintings using editing software? Which, by the way, is also available to all those folks getting their mitts on the pro gear. So Joe Shmoe can ruin a photo just as easily as a pro can!

Forget about the idea of standing out by, say, taking better pictures. That would just be silly.

And not for nothin', but they're not "mixed media" unless there's actually a different medium. Digitally simulating paint on a digital image results in...a digital image. I highly manipulated one, but still in the same medium.

And yeesh, that girl on the top right. She.Will.Cut.You.

So..."real" photographers have to set themselves apart by offering hack job faux paintings using editing software? Which, by the way, is also available to all those folks getting their mitts on the pro gear. So Joe Shmoe can ruin a photo just as easily as a pro can!

Forget about the idea of standing out by, say, taking better pictures. That would just be silly.

And not for nothin', but they're not "mixed media" unless there's actually a different medium. Digitally simulating paint on a digital image results in...a digital image. I highly manipulated one, but still in the same medium.

And yeesh, that girl on the top right. She.Will.Cut.You.

If you're going to take pot shots at professionals you don't deem "professional" enough, you can't follow it up with "Using gimmicks makes you a reeeeeaaal professional." lol

That's just...I...Sorry, the lack of self-awareness made me black out for a bit.

Did you use photoshop or coral paint to blur out the photographer's face?

Haha, this is actually a screen capture from my phone and I used an app.

I have not reached the professional caliber required to tame the glorious program that is Corel Paint.

Well they sure as hell aren't teaching white balance...

Most reactions

Back