The Locomotive/Railroad, thread.

Moodyville-ain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Due to a recent thread, I found out I'm not the only one here who's into trains. There's sunset threads, and beach threads, why not trains? Hopefully there's some interest. I know there are rail forums but usually they are more; "hey nice train" Then "nice photography"

So, how bout it?

I'll start things off with the Sugar Cane Train in Maui. It's the only train photo I've taken so far. But I plan on doing more.

4116346020_29b437ea74_b.jpg

The photos can have anything to do with railroads, not just trains. Even a artsy shot of a railroad track or a train, crossing sign.

Last edited:
I don't know much about trains, but I do like pictures of them. Your's is very good. Here's one I took

resize2.jpg

There's just something about lonely box car shots, isn't there?

Nice perspective Battleone

Thanks for posting. I'm glad there is some interest.

I almost forgot about this one. This is the Sugar Cane Train, letting off the boiler pressure.

4117114038_536a0978c8_b.jpg

? lol. Definatley not a conventional rail photo.... or any photo for that matter.

As I look at it, an idea conjured up in my head; You could elaborate on that idea and make it WW2 style. Get some more camo and an old replica rifle....or real if possible ;). Probably a lot more work then its worth... sometimes I get weird ideas and just have to share them, you can just ignore me :lol:

4154187701_dd1d80eeb7_o.jpg

4154948938_138763d90e_o.jpg

Thers at least 25 engines coupled together, stationary.

Just took one this morning...
730716721_bpAdm-XL.jpg

And this one taken earlier in the year:
730811461_kJsBn-XL.jpg

Welcome to the forum Corywho! Nice shot! I love the emotion it conveys. Very wandering stranger, it would make a great album cover. Is it a self shot?

I love the lighting in the second shot CWN.

Nice shots guys keep em comin.

I only have 1 picture of a train, and it happened by accident as I wasn't going to take a picture of any trains at all - but happened to be by the tracks when one came, so I figured "why not?" :)

morningtrainw.jpg

Most reactions

Back