The long and winding road...

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by Senor Hound, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi. Just looking for some feedback (don't sugarcoat, but be kind, I'm kinda thin-skinned). The low key effect is intentional, but I don't know if it works. I'm really kind of clueless as to whether or not this shot is good or not. Some help would be appreciated! :)

[​IMG]

Also, I didn't really know how to size it to fit vertically... If its too big, sorry :)

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, personally I'm not too fond of the low key (it simply looks too dark for my liking with too little detail in the bushes and trees left), and I am not too fond of the centrally placed horizon, either. Which is why I think that you'd either want to "sacrifice" a bit of sky (and tree tops, for that matter, since that cannot be avoided), or some of the path right in the foreground. But I myself would not go that way of the "long and winding road" is your subject here, I'd not crop right into the subject!

Of course this is all only just my very personal view, but I'd also then crop in from the right to keep with the vertical frame and the usual print size.

3. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    LaFoto. I re-edited using your suggestions. Maybe we can go from here.

I don't know why low-key never works with my photos. I keep trying it, and everyone keeps saying its not working. Oh well, maybe some day. :)

P.S. Sorry about the noise. I can't help it! This is on ISO 100 or 200! :( That's a point-and shoot for you! :)

4. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    A perfect example of "If your photographs aren't good enough, you're not close enough." (Capa, R. d. 1954)

5. SBlanca

SBlanca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like it, i also like the different crop but can't choose which i like better...

great title though ;)

6. danjchau

danjchau TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    -------------

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  7. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Abraxas: I don't even know what you were talking about for most of that. My PP skills are nil, and my composition isn't too far away from that. But thank you so much for taking the time to show me how to take the same exact scene and make it different (for the better). It sounds like it may have taken you a while! :)

But I am going to start reading up on composition and PP, and come back to this once it can help me out more. So thank you ahead of time! :)