The Maxxum 7D

Jovian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok...there isn't a topic about this yet....which suprises me considering how awesome this camera is giong to be, I know there are a few minolta shooters here besides me... anyone planning on getting this camera? I've heard it might come out as early as the end of this month. I'm a die hard minolta fan, and I have been waiting for this camera for quite some time.... Canon and Nikon watch out, we're baaaaack...haha

Wow...definately didn't see that topic....sorry

yeah, me either...but I have to have it...I'm debating on charging it... They way I figure it...one or two weddings shot with it will pay for it, and after a few jobs...it's payed for itself with the film I have saved.... I'm going to worry about how I'll get it once it's actually released... Still no official date or price...

Hey there Jovian, I'm thinking about getting the same camera. I have become kind of taken with Minoltas myself. I haven't seen much about any Minolta's here. Right now I have the Dimage Z1, I've had others though. It's not a bad camera, the picture quality is very good actually. I tried the link Hobbes28 put out, but it seems to be a dead link. I sure hope there is a little more talk here about the 7D, it's a great camera(on paper anyway).

I guess that link changed for some reason. :scratch: So I found it again.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10349

There really hasn't been much talk about the 7D yet and I'm not sure why. It could be that they are charging so much more than the competition and it's a little slow to show up on the market. The folks at DP Review seem to like it a lot because they keep talking about it. I'm still waiting on that lottery ticket before I pick one up. :D

Yeah, I have it...I actually got it at the end of last year, in december. It is seriously the best thing I have ever bought. I love it. Yeah, it's a little more expensive than a D70, or a Dig. Rebel, but come on... It's awesome.

Anti shake works extremely well, The controls are all easy to get to, no menu jumping, its got a pc outlet on the body, it's a great camera.

I really do think the reason you haven't heard much about it was the price. It is a bit expensive... But I found this the other day if you have the balls to try them... http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=mnmax7-dig

-Andrew-

No thanks, I've been looking at reviews of shops and that one has some of the worst reviews I've seen. In fact a good number of the shops that advertise in the photography mags have an overwhelming amount of negative reviews. Mostly about them trying to upsell, and when you don't buy the extra stuff your item is suddenly on back order or rude treatment over the phone. It would be one thing if it were just one or two, then you could just say it was an angry person trying to get back at someone, but when there are complaints numbering in the hundreds? I've even seen where the same person is doing business under two or more store names. I try to give everyone a fair chance, but when you see things like that it makes you not want to even attempt to buy something online at those stores. That really breaks my heart. Come on, a $1600 camera for $699? I've even seen it lower at some other sites, and the advertised price included a lens or two. But if it looks too good to be try, it usually is. I love a break on the price as much as the next guy/gal, but not if it is going to be at the expense of my sanity. I would rather wait and get it from some place that I know is not going to play games and try to rip me off. I'm sure nobody wants to be the victim of some scam or bully tactics used by someone you are trying to make a purchase from. If I am out of line here, please let me know; it was not my intention to offend anyone, just giving my opinion on some things I've seen about some stores online. Hey all those folks could be wrong...let me know what you think.

I would agree, that it is the worst store. I bought a Maxxum 7 there for $399.99 a while back with a "warranty". But the warranty is for everywhere but the United States. So basically if it breaks I have to send it to Indonesia. I also ordered a filter kit for the lenses "49mm lenses" they sent 55mm. I also ordered a three filter kit, they sent two filters made by two different manufacturers. Needless to say I sent it all back and had to dispute the purchase on the credit card to get it removed.

Maxxum, that's a tough break, but just the type of situation I am looking to avoid. I think I am getting this camera in the very near future(like in a week or so), and having it shipped to me in Iraq. I know that might be asking for trouble, but I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. Like I said, I've had a thing for Minoltas for awhile. I already have an airtight plastic box to keep the sand out, it is a fine powdery sand, almost like flour, and it gets EVERYWHERE. If it were to get in the 7D, I would cry like a little girl!!!

I'm still waiting on a reasonably priced DSLR with a full-frame size sensor.

Most reactions

Back