The ME Super I picked up a little while back

Discussion in 'Pentax Cameras' started by benhasajeep, Oct 16, 2017.

1. TonyBallas

TonyBallas TPF Noob!

Rather neat to remember the days when we were younger. None of my immediate family was into 35mm or professional Photography, but I have there Old point & shoots & my grandmothers box camera. The small black & whites from that old box camera had plenty of clarity and contrast to make nice pictures at like 4 x 5’s.
    I am really liking collecting older and vintage cameras. I need a good reference outlet to learn some of the specifics of the different cameras I have and may buy in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TonyBallas

TonyBallas TPF Noob!

Neat round of cameras. Do you only collect, or use, Pentax’s??
    And do you know a good all around resource for looking up specific’s and history about vintage cameras??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. pendennis

pendennis No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I use everything I have. Never have been much of a collector, more an "amasser" of equipment. The Pentaxes are a recent addition when I found the ES-II and the SP-II. The K mounts have more or less, grown a bit. They're great cameras, but I look at them as "throwaways" . Not worth fixing if they break but good with the older lenses. I've been tinkering with the power winders and motor drives for the "Progam" models. The ME-II winders have notoriously weak battery compartment latches.

One of the best sites for the Pentaxes is: Pentax Forum - Camera & Photography Community - PentaxForums.com

They have a pretty good database of all the Pentax models, digital and film.

4. benhasajeep

benhasajeep No longer a newbie, moving up!

Top Poster Of Month

Wow, I'm jealous now!

5. smithdan

smithdan No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    If it's Pentax anything I usually bring it home. Lately though a thrift store chain in this area (Value Village) have pushed their prices up. This week, I found a scruffy Spotmatic with 50mm lens, don't remember but not 1:1.4 was priced at $60. and a MX with 50mm 1:2 was $85., still not out of line but over what I like to pay for self amusement. Left them there and saving my $$ for something that I don't have.

6. orf

orf No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Very nice. I like the 40mm. Makes a good combination.

7. 480sparky

480sparky Chief Free Electron Relocator Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The 40/2.8 pancake? Gawd, that is a great lens! It was my one-lens-for-hiking choice.

8. orf

orf No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

It's very compact isn't it, on an ME. I read some people poo-poo the sharpness but it seemed ok to me stopped-down some.